Old May 2nd 18, 02:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Space X 2nd stage recovery

JF Mezei wrote on Tue, 1 May 2018
19:35:45 -0400:

On 2018-05-01 06:42, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Please show where square windows are a 'no no' for aircraft
certification.

Google Comet square window

Why would I need to do that? I know all about the Comet.

The standard may not ban square windows, ...

There you go, then. Your original statement was incorrect.

... but the certification process
requires testing of many pressurization cycles to ensure this doesn't
happen.

And there's no reason why large square windows can't be made to work.
It would just be a lot more expensive, which is why you don't see it.

Bill Shepherd wore a roll of duct tape with him at all times to fix
things in Zarya/Zvezda.

Cite?

If you're not aware of this, you were obviously not following expedition
1. The dict tape was very well known and most NASA images in the gallery
shows teh roll of duct tape on Shepherd's waist.

Do you not know what a 'cite' is?

territory."
--G. Behn