Old January 21st 18, 09:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Remark on a comment made

The contributor who made the original comment that physical descriptions go beyond normal language but can only be understood mathematically exposes something that has lasted centuries. The theorists convinced the wider world that they exist in a higher plane of reasoning so they reach for analogies familiar to people to support what is essentially voodoo and bluffing. Newton did it with his bucket analogy but at least behind it was the RA/Dec framework which still plagues physical descriptions of the solar system in our era.

Most people won't give 10 minutes of their time to appreciate how the motions of the Earth make their life possible even when 21st century imaging while the theorists and magnification hobbyists really don't have an interest in astronomy other than exploiting it for their own interests.

It points to a dysfunctional era where those who express phony concern for our home planet won't even acknowledge basic facts. The original hope of human space travel after the Apollo project is currently lost to theorists who oppose humanity journeying into space so they can chant voodoo from their university cubicles. Such a strange and dismaying situation.