Old April 29th 10, 09:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The round and rotating Earth

On Apr 29, 5:20*pm, " wrote:
Hi
*There is an independent reference as I and another stated.
One can go into a closed closet ( completely blocked from sun
or stars ) and using a gyroscope ( of sufficient quality ) and prove
that
the Earth rotates in 23 hours 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds.
*It has been done and is required to be true to keep airplanes from
being lost on long flights.
*Please answer the questions:
1. How do you justify the difference?
2. How are these measurements incorrect when they are not influenced
by the stars?
3. Is there some type of supernatural force inside closets?

Please just answer the questions.

Dwight

Dwight,the questions you pose are the greatest challenge of our era in
the approach to both the celestial and terrestrial arenas and where
they mesh as cause and effect , for the answer to those questions
contain some of the most heartbreaking errors and the most exciting
prospects.The guys manning the world's largest telescopes as they
track the stars and galaxies across the sky should be capable of
giving a short answer without hesitation that the return of a star to
a meridian is determined using the average 24 hour day within the
equable 365/366 day calendar system making it effectively useless for
describing the Earth daily and orbital dynamics.You can assume that a
star will return to a meridian 3 minutes 56 seconds earlier between
February 29 th and March1st in a leap year thereby affirming where
'sidereal time'comes from within the equable day calendar system and
how it is a useful and positive convenience once observers are aware
of its limitations.The people who operate the large telescopes cannot
assume that 'sidereal time' and circumpolar motion proves rotation is
constant,they must now assume that it is the greatest astronomical
mistake ever given its impact

It is not for people to ignore cause and effect of daily rotation or
orbital motion and while the daylight/darkness cycle and latitudinal
twilight variations are by no means the be all and end all of the
proof of a round and rotating Earth,they do provide a platform where
people have no excuse to ignore the 'sidereal time' error,or better
still,take notice of the actual proof for rotation which uses a
maximum equatorial speed of 1037.5 miles per hour/15 degrees and
turning a full equatorial circumference in 24 hours.Empiricists do not
understand their own system,may not even take it seriously,for all the
ideology of absolute/relative time as it stretches from Newton to
Einstein and on to the ridiculous 'no center/no circumference'
ideologies of this era have their roots in the loss of planetary
dimensions and dynamics contained in 'sidereal time' reasoning.

So Dwight,I was right to express affection for your posts as the
questions you ask and your demeanor do credit to you even if you
disagree with me,we all must carry some amount of responsibility for
our past astronomical heritage and to students and future generations
nut this means being responsive rather than reacting or being
defensive all the time yet if you show great disrespect for the words
and work of John Harrison or ignore him as he explains how clocks
measure distance using the rotational characteristics of the planet
then there is not much further I can say and allow you the luxury of
saying whatever you want,a privilege I give to a few others here.