Old April 28th 10, 10:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The round and rotating Earth

On Apr 28, 10:32*pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 28, 8:13 am, oriel36 wrote:

Don't try to make sense of that statement beyond the references which
distinguish the natural noon cycle from the average 24 hour *cycle
insofar as there is no external reference for daily rotation as an
independent motion,the average 24 hour day transfers to daily rotation
as a constant and reaching to fix daily rotation directly with
circumpolar motion is just pure and crude vandalism.

Hi
*There is an independent reference as I and another stated.
One can go into a closed closet ( completely blocked from sun
or stars ) and using a gyroscope ( of sufficient quality ) and prove
that
the Earth rotates in 23 hours 56 minutes and 4.1 seconds.
*It has been done and is required to be true to keep airplanes from
being lost on long flights.
*Please answer the questions:
1. How do you justify the difference?
2. How are these measurements incorrect when they are not influenced
by the stars?
3. Is there some type of supernatural force inside closets?

The answers should have nothing to do with Nazis or Christianity. How
is it
that the gyroscope, that knows nothing of your 24 Hour or even what
Sidereal
time is, always give the consistent result?

Obviously the words of the inventor of the first accurate watch made
no impression on you for once you comprehend how the average 24 hour
day meshes with planetary geometry,you are not likely to ask about
'sidereal time' and rotation through 360 degrees.I have explained many
time why circumpolar motion of the stars is a wonderful convenience by
virtue that the return of a star is based on the equable 24 hour day
within the equable 365/366 calendar system making it useless for
describing planetary dynamics but I guess closet astronomers have
difficulty with that explanation.I would like to know what crosses you
mind when you see Harrison or Huygens explain the principles but then
again,these delicate things suffer badly when rude people handle
them,just as the delicate reasoning for planetary dynamics wither in
the hands of those who have no respect for human achievement and the
work involved.

" The application of a Timekeeper to this discovery is founded upon
the following principles: the earth's surface is divided into 360
equal parts (by imaginary lines drawn from North to South) which are
called Degrees of Longitude; and its daily revolution Eastward round
its own axis is performed in 24 hours; consequently in that period,
each of those imaginary lines or degrees, becomes successively
opposite to the Sun (which makes the noon or precise middle of the day
at each of those degrees and it must follow, that from the time any
one of those lines passes the Sun, till the next passes, must be just
four minutes, for 24 hours being divided by 360 will give that
quantity; so that for every degree of Longitude we sail Westward, it
will be noon with us four minutes the later, and for every degree
Eastward four minutes the sooner, and so on in proportion for any
greater or less quantity. Now, the exact time of the day at the place
where we are, can be ascertained by well known and easy observations
of the Sun if visible for a few minutes at any time from his being ten
degrees high until within an hour of noon, or from an hour after noon
until he is only 10 degrees high in the afternoon; if therefore, at
any time when such observation is made, a Timekeeper tells us at the
same moment what o'clock it is at the place we sailed from, our
Longitude is clearly discovered." John Harrison

http://books.google.ie/books?id=8roA...emarks&f=false

Please answer the questions so that one might learn where one's
error in thinking is.
Dwight

One indeed !,people here have no intention in recovering the great
advances in timekeeping and structural astronomy so as to move on to
using the power of modern imaging and time lapse footage to modify
explanations and adapt to new observations and information.

I had said in my last response to you there would be one last post and
this will have to do as I consider all matters closed for a while,at
least here in sci.astro.amateur.