Old April 17th 10, 05:18 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Who attaches the Orion Docking Adapter to the ISS?

On 4/16/2010 3:22 PM, David Spain wrote:
Pat writes:
Cygnus is supposed to be our Progress equivalent:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygnus_spacecraft
...or a unmanned variant of Dragon.

Thanks Pat. Once again my ignorance is on display.
I was aware of the Dragon automated cargo capacity,
sheesh some memory I have, but not Cygnus.

I hadn't even heard of that till a couple of months ago when I was
digging around for info on COTS and ran into it.
I still like the Robot Samurai face peering out of the Japanese HTV
cargo ship: http://spaceflightnow.com/h2b/htv1/090814fueling/
.... no chance at all that that thing will deploy arms and legs when no
one is watching.
But we have a counter for it if it tries anything funny up there...meet
NASA's killer robot that will ride on the last Shuttle flight:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17912_3-20002479-72.html
So what happened to "Robonaut 1"?
Well, rumor has it that the last thing the Columbia astronauts saw was
it crouching on the port wing, tearing a hole in it while laughing
maniacally.
God-Damn Toaster.
God-Damn Cylon Toaster.

Pat