Old April 17th 10, 12:34 AM posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
David Spain

Default Who attaches the Orion Docking Adapter to the ISS?

Didn't cross-post correctly, sorry for the duplicate in sci.space.station...

David Spain writes:
Mike Ross writes:
Cygnus and Falcon, private ventures. For years NASA was
decried for preventing private space businesses, now they are
encouraging them (in fact, optimistically betting on them).
The first Dragon launch comes in May (demonstrator only, no
ISS approach). Cross your fingers it is as successful as the
HTV was, which is the other alternative for launching the
docking adapter.

Mike

Right, I've been down this path before and how APAS/LIDS
conversion is done via ATLAS was explained to me, by Jorge
IIRC.

But I never inquired way back then as to 'how' ATLAS was
to be delivered. I suppose back then I thought maybe the
last shuttle of an extended shuttle run, but now that
is not possible. Just trying to connect the dots.

Anything about this in 'official' print somewhere?

I've got this link from 2009 on ATLAS

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/hy...-standard.html

but nothing on how to get it there...

Dave