Old September 20th 08, 04:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Robert Price[_2_]

Default ASTRO: DeepSkyStacker processing

There is another type of noise in my Canon 40D images that is not
related to hot pixels. What I was trying to illustrate in the two
images was the difference in color. Why should there be any
difference since I am stacking the same files, RAW files and TIF files
converted from those RAW files?

Robert

DeepSkyStacker On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 11:16:29 -0400, "J McBride"
wrote:

Hi Robert, You don't really need to pre-process the noise. Deep sky stacker
has a feature that will get rid of hot and cold pixels automatically. This
image was taken with no darks or flats using that feature.

"Robert Price" wrote in message
.. .
I recently tried using DeepSkyStacker with my Canon 40D DSLR files.
It took 15.5 minutes just to register and stack three 16 bit TIF
files. I tried using RAW files and it took only 3 minutes, but what a
difference in color. After the register and stack process the rest of
the process was as similar as I could get it to be. I have been using
TIF files because I can use Noise Ninja before stacking to reduce
noise from the Canon camera. Looking through my astro download images
from the web I see several M33 images that have the yellow color to
the center third of the galaxy, but most images people post seem to
show M33 as almost all blue (except for the h alpha nebulae). The
three RAW and 16 bit TIF files (which were converted using the canon
utility from the RAW files) were each 20 minute exposures with a
Hutech modified Canon 40D at 100ASA. Scope was an NP-127.

Robert Price