Old February 6th 13, 10:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_3_]

Default Failure is a Big part of the Universe.

On Feb 6, 6:19*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
Objects like stars lasting for billions of years show planets of great
hydrogen and helium given the name failed stars . Reality is they were
not big enough to create fusion. They also had to much of the wrong
stuff.(heavy elements)Asteroid is a failed comet. *Venus is a failed
Earth. (close but no cigars) Pluto is a failed planet. (to small and
bad orbit) Neutron star is a failed black hole. *Earth's core is a
failed dynamo. *Age of universe of 13.7 billion years is failure to
add all that is,and took time to evolve up to the present time.
TreBert

This is all a lot of anthropomorphic thinking. Failure requires a
sentient being with a goal. A gas giant planet can only be a failed
star if it sets out to be a star as a goal, or someone tries to make
it into a star as a goal. The planet itself I don't think is
sentient , so it couldn't have had a goal to be a star. I doubt if
some sentient god is trying to make that planet a star and fails at
the attempt. So only in your own mind are you assuming a goal for it
and declaring it to be a failure. It's all only in your head, Bert.

Double-A