Old August 11th 18, 07:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Wishing thinking is not astronomy

The population in England ,at least a sizable section, have come to realize that indulging wishful thinking is disruptive to society however the England/EU situation is providing a necessary correction to social politics that is long overdue although it may take some time to find its feet.

Academic politics is somewhat different as it tries to maintain the fiction that has propped up experimentalists for a number of centuries. Encountering the academics inside the science museums was certainly quaint as they are programmed to project marketing for empirical concerns rather than any real interest or competence in astronomy but I enjoyed the encounter anyway.

I can write assays for engineers to demonstrate what went wrong and more importantly - what they are missing by following a misguided system of reckoning at variance with the 24 hour and Lat/Long systems.