Old June 17th 18, 09:52 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Towards routine, reusable space launch.

In article ,
says...

On 2018-06-17 05:16, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Not how engineering works. Can you really be this clueless?

Engineering tries to PREDICT how a structure will behave.

snip?

I snipped the rest of your rambling post. You really should stop
telling engineers how you think engineering works.

Also, you act like they've done zero cryogenic testing on this composite
cryogenic tank design. This is utterly false. Here is a cite from
Composites Manufacturing Magazine:

SpaceX Successfully Tests Carbon Fiber Tank for Mars Spaceship
Evan Milberg, November 29, 2016
http://compositesmanufacturingmagazi...-successfully-
tests-carbon-fiber-tank-mars-spaceship/

You seem to keep assuming SpaceX engineers don't perform any sort of
ground testing and just "wing it" every time they fly. The facts do not
support that assertion.

Note also that this article was from November 29, 2016. It's quite
likely SpaceX has performed other tests between then and now, nearly two
years later. But, since they're a private company, they don't *have* to
tell us anything, now do they?

Jeff