Search: Posts made by: Skywise
Forum: Astro Pictures July 28th 15, 05:30 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Ic 498 - 1 attachment

Hi Rick,

I noticed something in your image, on the left side. A sort of
halo around a blue star. It's just left of ASK 291016.0.

It kind of looks like a faint lens flare, but I don't notice
it...
Forum: Astro Pictures July 28th 15, 05:17 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: PN IC 1295 and GC NGC 6712

Stefan, that is a very nice image. Congrats on teh new 'toy'.

Brian
--
http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/index.php - Earth Sciences discussion
http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology,...

WA0CKY wrote in news:WA0CKY.fe528c8
@spacebanter.com:

NGC 2876

I'm reminded of "The Mice" and "The Antennae". Not as dramatic
but the similarity is...
Forum: Astro Pictures July 1st 15, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Nearby Dwarf Galaxy UGC 8201

WA0CKY wrote in news:WA0CKY.fd94b48
@spacebanter.com:

Assuming that distance it is about 21 million
light-years across its longest diameter.

err.... you mean 21...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 19th 15, 10:05 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Arp 275

WA0CKY wrote in news:WA0CKY.fc87c28
@spacebanter.com:

This entry is likely my final Arp galaxy. What remain are either below
my horizon or mostly below the wall...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 9th 15, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Spiral UGC 6955

WA0CKY wrote in news:WA0CKY.fbcf308
@spacebanter.com:

Their software seems suddenly buggy. It's taken me two tries to get
them to appear at...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 8th 15, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Ugc 6955

Rick, you're last couple of postings did not have an image
attached... at least out here in usenet land. :(

Brian
--
http://www.earthwaves.org/forum/index.php - Earth Sciences...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 23rd 15, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

WA0CKY wrote in news:WA0CKY.f7e53c8
@spacebanter.com:

Skywise;1292842 Wrote:
WA0CKY wrote:
Actually, considering the quality of your images plus the...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 22nd 15, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
IC 284 in dust

WA0CKY wrote:

Usenet doesn't allow embedded links as it is pure text so they don't
appear there but a few weeks ago Spacebanter started inserting
advertising links. I can't edit them out, all...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 20th 15, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
IC 284 in dust

WA0CKY wrote in news:WA0CKY.f790dc9
@spacebanter.com:

As usual. All embedded links are spam and have absolutely nothing to do
with astronomy or my post. Please...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 16th 15, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
IC 39 The Flying Fish Galaxy? Repost AGAIN

WA0CKY wrote in news:WA0CKY.f74c4e9
@spacebanter.com:

This post keeps disappearing, why I don't know. So replacing it yet
again.

Over here on...
Forum: Astro Pictures December 17th 14, 04:06 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Ngc 4178

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in :

"Skywise" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

There is definately a problem with...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 22nd 14, 02:09 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Ngc 4178

There is definately a problem with this post.

I see the three images decoded just fine, but I also get pieces
of UUENCODE text in between the images.

After examining the raw text, it appears a tail...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 22nd 14, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Trouble with WA0CKY messages

Geoff wrote in
:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 22:14:35 GMT, Skywise
wrote:

Odd that this didn't...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 21st 14, 11:14 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Trouble with WA0CKY messages

Well, I might have to take back my data point.

I didn't used to have troubles. But the last two posts have.
It may be on my end still as the news client complains about
lack of memory (there is...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 21st 14, 04:37 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
Trouble with WA0CKY messages

bleak_fire_ wrote in
:

Hi,

Every time I try and download WA0CKY's images, there are no attachments,
Forum: Astro Pictures January 18th 14, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: NGC 6760 A Golden Globule Cluster

That's a very nice shot. The reddish/yellow of the cluster
contrasts nicely with the blue foreground stars. Neither
gets lost in the dense background of the galaxy stars.

Brian
--...
Forum: Astro Pictures December 17th 13, 10:34 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: UGC 9128, two pair of interacting galaxies and a flat galaxy

Rick Johnson wrote in news:52affa04$0$47950$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

The only striking feature of the galaxy is its extreme blue...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 29th 13, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: NGC 3953 and UGC 06840

I think your registration might be a bit off. There are red halos
on top of every star, and blue halos below. It's pretty consistent
across the entire image. There's even a thin band of 'red'...
Forum: Astro Pictures August 9th 13, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: NGC 7594 and friends

Rick Johnson wrote in news:520495f0$0$49311$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

about 205,000 miles in diameter as seen in my image.

WOW!!!! That's huge!!! :)

Somebody was typing in their...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 11th 13, 09:56 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: NGC 6834 A quick process of an open cluster

Rick Johnson wrote in news:51b6c1bd$0$7706$a8266bb1
@newsreader.readnews.com:

For this purpose I prefer the RGB version but am presenting both
in case you disagree.

I prefer...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 20th 13, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: vdB 124

Rick Johnson wrote in news:5199afaf$0$50588$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

I get nasty reflections from the corrector of the SCT with
strong blue stars that fills much of my field...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 4th 13, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
ASTRO: SN2013am and 2/3rds of Arp 317 Reprocessed

Rick Johnson wrote in news:515bef43$0$20012$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

After seeing these on the net I decided in my rush I'd pushed things a
bit too much to pick up the plumes. ...
Forum: Satellites March 31st 13, 09:47 PM Posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Posted By Skywise
Mac app for plotting satellite tracks

RichardF wrote in
:

Richard, you can't attach images to Usenet postings

He posted from a BBS website...
Forum: Astro Pictures March 30th 13, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Skywise
NGC 6058

Rick Johnson wrote in news:51571fbd$0$19552$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

It does appear rather green to me in my 10" scope so I was
surprised to find it quite blue in my data. While...