Search: Posts made by: Danny Dot[_1_]
Forum: Space Shuttle December 13th 06, 03:45 AM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
What kind of computers are in use at Mission Control Center?

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in message
"Danny Dot" wrote in news:3b%eh.6266$qp1.3100
Forum: Space Shuttle December 10th 06, 10:53 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
OT hydrogen cars

"Tim Rogers" wrote in message

"Damon Hill" wrote in message
Forum: Space Shuttle December 10th 06, 10:42 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
What kind of computers are in use at Mission Control Center?

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in message
"j_m_k__" wrote in news:1165764768.618660.208500
Forum: Space Shuttle December 10th 06, 12:38 AM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
OT hydrogen cars

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16115734/site/newsweek/

Anyone know if these cars are liquid hydrogen or compressed gas H2?

Also, how are they fueled, e.g. where are the fueling stations?

Danny
Forum: Space Shuttle December 9th 06, 05:50 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Launch weather

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Hi folks, I was wondering if there maybe was anywhere where it might be
better...
Forum: Space Shuttle December 7th 06, 04:14 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
SRB Gimbal potential issues

"B" wrote in message
Hi all,
Just a general question to the group as I can't do any research on this
issue due to web...
Forum: Space Shuttle December 2nd 06, 07:39 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Orbital mechanics folks...why does the ISS reboost matter?

"Jorge R. Frank" wrote in message
(Derek Lyons) wrote in
:

Forum: Space Shuttle November 29th 06, 02:56 AM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Lost in Space

wrote in message
Danny Dot wrote:
Are you sure about this? I wouldn't think the "glare" or those small
Forum: History November 29th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Improving Navigation

"John Stoffel" wrote in message
"Derek" == Derek Lyons writes:

Derek John Stoffel ...
Forum: Space Station November 29th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Improving Navigation

"John Stoffel" wrote in message
"Derek" == Derek Lyons writes:

Derek John Stoffel ...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 29th 06, 02:53 AM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Improving Navigation

"John Stoffel" wrote in message
"Derek" == Derek Lyons writes:

Derek John Stoffel ...
Forum: Space Station November 27th 06, 12:01 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Communications

"dean" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
I was wondering of anyone could give me a quick summary of how the ISS
communicates with Earth.
I know...
Forum: History November 26th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
NASA Astronaut on Columbia Repair (and others)

wrote in message

And as you are the only one who draw that conclusion, isn`t it your
duty to allert higher managment,...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history

wrote in message

And as you are the only one who draw that conclusion, isn`t it your
duty to allert higher managment,...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
NASA culture worse than industry?

After reading the posts to this thread, maybe something different with NASA
is the time frame for a bad management decision to result in the
catastrophe. At NASA it may be just a few hours. The...
Forum: Space Station November 26th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
NASA culture worse than industry?

After reading the posts to this thread, maybe something different with NASA
is the time frame for a bad management decision to result in the
catastrophe. At NASA it may be just a few hours. The...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 09:51 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Why install the payload at the pad?

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:11:41 -0600, Lee Jay wrote
(in...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Why install the payload at the pad?

"Lee Jay" wrote in message
Herb Schaltegger wrote:
Here's a free clue: "vibration" does not have to be "periodic"...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 09:37 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Why install the payload at the pad?

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:01:32 -0600, Danny Dot wrote
(in...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 09:07 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
STS116- Launch Path

"Snoopyto" wrote in message
I am lurker for this group, but you guys always come through with the
right information. SO I...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 08:52 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Lost in Space

wrote in message

snip

Consider the Mars Observer back in 1992. This unmanned probe abruptly
stopped...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 08:48 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Lost in Space

"dean" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
snip

I was more hung up about the loss of communication with long term
missions. It is conceivable...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 26th 06, 08:43 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Deap Space Navigation

Does anyone know how we navigate our deep space probes? I know we use radar
and GPS in LEO. What do we use for deep space? My guess is we use Doppler
shift a lot -- but that is just a guess.

My...
Forum: Space Station November 26th 06, 08:43 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Posted By Danny Dot[_1_]
Deap Space Navigation

Does anyone know how we navigate our deep space probes? I know we use radar
and GPS in LEO. What do we use for deep space? My guess is we use Doppler
shift a lot -- but that is just a guess.

My...
Forum: History November 26th 06, 08:43 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station