Search: Posts made by: Frank Glover[_1_]
Forum: Policy March 11th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Establish demand

kT wrote:
Frank Glover wrote:

kT wrote:

Totorkon wrote:

If the total cost of the shuttle program, about $150G, were divided by
the total number of launches, almost 120,...
Forum: Policy February 25th 07, 11:52 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Establish demand

kT wrote:

Totorkon wrote:

If the total cost of the shuttle program, about $150G, were divided by
the total number of launches, almost 120, and pretending that each
mission delivered 30...
Forum: History December 13th 06, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,sci.space.history,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
for all mankind, another crappy mooee from 1989

wrote:

you space geeks are such a waste of energy. still, the movie is worth
it for exposing what a stupid expedition it was. magnificient moments
of utter nothingness...
Forum: Policy December 13th 06, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,sci.space.history,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy

wrote:

you space geeks are such a waste of energy. still, the movie is worth
it for exposing what a stupid expedition it was. magnificient moments
of utter nothingness...
Forum: Policy December 10th 06, 03:44 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Day of the Doomships

wrote:
Frank Glover wrote:

Because most people want to come home safely when it's over?

thanks for replying

my message got posted several times too...
Forum: Astronomy Misc December 9th 06, 07:35 PM Posted to sci.astro,sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.history,rec.models.rockets,sci.skeptic
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
anyone know if this book is non-fiction?

Amilius PhD ThD wrote:

hoaxed. Men NEVER went to the Moon, because men have NEVER
achieved and survived sustained altitudes much above about
five or six hundred miles above Earth's sea level....
Forum: Policy December 9th 06, 06:59 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Day of the Doomships

wrote:

Is private space industry ready to compete with virgin-galactic's
orbiting concept ships?

When Virgin Galactic has something orbit-capable, we'll see...

Forum: Policy December 8th 06, 03:02 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Lunar Base Location

James Nicoll wrote:
In article ,
Steen Eiler Jørgensen asdf wrote:

Neil Fraser wrote:

The Moon is ideally suited for nuclear...
Forum: History December 6th 06, 03:08 AM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Nasa Plans Moonbase

Pat Flannery wrote:

Jorge R. Frank wrote:

And just where did you get that silly idea?

COMRADE! Space tourists to the Moon!
Forum: Policy December 5th 06, 04:48 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
_ Your thoughts on the next 100 YEARS in space ! _

William Elliot wrote:

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, ItCameFromTheFuture wrote:

I'm looking for those interested in commenting on or writing articles
for a new site regarding the next 10, 100 &...
Forum: Policy December 2nd 06, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.society.liberalism,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.astro,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
What if the money spent on Iraq war were spent on space exploration?

P.R. Vanfleet wrote:
All the money we wasted and are still wasting on Iraq should have been
invested in the research and application of nano-technology.. The
advent of nano technology will open...
Forum: Astronomy Misc December 2nd 06, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.society.liberalism,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.astro,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if

P.R. Vanfleet wrote:
All the money we wasted and are still wasting on Iraq should have been
invested in the research and application of nano-technology.. The
advent of nano technology will open...
Forum: Policy December 2nd 06, 04:30 AM Posted to sci.space.policy,uk.sci.astronomy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
How high is space

columbiaaccidentinvestigation wrote:

Brad Guth wrote:"Whatever I may "lack of communications skills" I more
than make up byway of sharing the truth and nothing but the truth. How
about...
Forum: History December 2nd 06, 04:11 AM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
All things in disorder

Dale wrote:
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 01:52:29 GMT, Frank Glover wrote:

If so, the world should've ended in 1971. I remember the incident
with Annettte Eckis...
Forum: History December 1st 06, 02:52 AM Posted to sci.space.history,alt.animals.dolphins,alt.animals.whales
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
All things in disorder

Pat Flannery wrote:

Back in good ol' medieval times, you could always tell when the ****e
was about to hit the fan when things started going entirely wrong; when
dogs and cats started...
Forum: Policy December 1st 06, 02:31 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Better spent

Paul Bunion wrote:
Where would we be if all the money spent on Iraq were spent on NASA?

Didn't we do this one, lately...?

--

Frank

You know what to remove to reply...
Forum: Misc November 23rd 06, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.astro,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
What if hypervelocity star came near Sun?

tracy wrote:
According to this article, the mysterious super-high speed stars are
more numerous and fastest than previously though. What if one of these
"hypervelocity" stars came through Sun's...
Forum: Astronomy Misc November 23rd 06, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.astro,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if

tracy wrote:
According to this article, the mysterious super-high speed stars are
more numerous and fastest than previously though. What if one of these
"hypervelocity" stars came through Sun's...
Forum: Policy November 23rd 06, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.astronomy,rec.arts.sf.science,sci.astro,sci.space.policy,soc.history.what-if

tracy wrote:
According to this article, the mysterious super-high speed stars are
more numerous and fastest than previously though. What if one of these
"hypervelocity" stars came through Sun's...
Forum: History November 23rd 06, 12:36 AM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Lost in Space

dean wrote:
I recently learne that NASA is planning to send a probe to Europa in 2015.
But for some reason, I started thinking, what if it was not an unmmaned
probe that we were sending, but a...
Forum: Policy November 19th 06, 06:00 AM Posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
If your home were destroyed or made unlivable by terrorists

wrote:
If your home were destroyed or made unlivable by terrorists, should
will the goverment replace it? Realize most insurance excludes acts of
war and terrorism... Could the...
Forum: Space Shuttle November 19th 06, 06:00 AM Posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle

wrote:
If your home were destroyed or made unlivable by terrorists, should
will the goverment replace it? Realize most insurance excludes acts of
war and terrorism... Could the...
Forum: Policy November 18th 06, 05:48 PM Posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
How high is space

Gareth Slee wrote:

wrote:

What is the edge of space? I know peeps think space is 150 miles up or
200 miles up when you go up in a rocket, but what is the OFFICIAL...
Forum: Policy November 18th 06, 05:37 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Retire Shuttle on orbit.

Rich Godwin wrote:

- Refueling the OMS and RCS would be tricky: they run on MMH and N2O4,
hardly the nicest substances to deal with. Fuelling via EVA or via fixed
pipelines on the station...
Forum: Policy November 18th 06, 05:27 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Frank Glover[_1_]
Retire Shuttle on orbit.

Rich Godwin wrote:

No wonder Rutan calls in NaySay
Roll on the day for private enterprise on orbit. Not too much longer I
hasten to guess.

Rutan and the other people don't propose doing...