Search: Posts made by: T.T.[_2_]
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 19th 13, 06:19 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
50 Years Ago in Sky and Telescope

"Paul Schlyter" wrote in message
In article 79512be1-cb35-4a31-832a-d4940ff357e9
@sb6g2000pbb.googlegroups.com,...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy December 25th 12, 08:03 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Midnight Christmas Eve

wrote in message
Since sometime in the late '60's, it's been my personal tradition to be
outside at midnight on...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy October 24th 12, 12:31 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Cold-weather pants

"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Dr J R Stockton" wrote

See also in...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 21st 12, 11:03 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Why do you have a right.............

In a parallel universe, there is a newsgroup devoted to matters economic, in
which a bunch of buffoons is expressing opinions about astronomy.
I thought you should know.
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 11th 12, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism,sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
"Why do you have a right to your money?"

"George Plimpton" wrote in message
On 3/8/2011 5:49 PM, Boris Kapusta wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD809fp6i_0

Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 4th 12, 10:58 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Peace on Earth

Peace on Earth, good will to all.
This morning we were up before four o'clock to photograph comet Lovejoy. It
was over the sea and to the East. As we passed the stables, we heard a baby
cry.
We...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy December 1st 11, 07:43 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Attaching WO refractor to Canon 600D DSLR

"Il mio nome Nessuno" wrote in message
"T.T." wrote in
Forum: Amateur Astronomy December 1st 11, 02:46 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Attaching WO refractor to Canon 600D DSLR

I have a William Optics Megrez to which I attached a Canon G2 some years
ago. It was a bit of a fiddle and not a huge success.
It involved screwing an adaptor which included a lens to the camera and...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy October 25th 11, 02:39 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Something is digging "hollows" in the surface of the innermost planet

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
NASA's MESSENGER probe has discovered a surprise on Mercury: Something is
digging...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy October 8th 11, 04:20 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
The greatest genius who ever lived?

I am one of the pedants who believe that the word "genius" refers to people
who have an inner drive, over which they have limited control, to produce
great things.
Of these, few can match...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy October 4th 11, 11:46 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Forecasters say Earth is heading for a stream of dust from Comet 21P/Giacobini-Zinner

"palsing" wrote in message
On Oct 4, 12:59 pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
NASA Science...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy September 25th 11, 02:28 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
CERN's faster-than-light neutrino report

The barman said "I'm sorry, we don't serve faster-than-light neutrinos in
this bar."
A faster-than-light neutrino walks into a bar.
Forum: Amateur Astronomy September 23rd 11, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.arts.movies.past-films,sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Remember the movie, "Prince of Darkness?"

"Rich" wrote in message
Messages from the future, from the Brotherhood of Sleep, using Tachyon's,
theoretical particles...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy September 21st 11, 09:19 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
100 years from now... the "list of lists"

"Chris.B" wrote in message
On Sep 21, 7:02 pm, Andrex flushed:

If it drowns those ugly tumours you...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy June 1st 11, 09:13 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Simple question about the speed of atmosphere

"Androcles" wrote in message
This question is for those cranks who hallucinate gravity waves
and a speed of...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy May 30th 11, 10:32 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.space.policy
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
NASA's sad, pathetic throwback to Apollo

"William Mook" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo0md9ZhKNw
Forum: Amateur Astronomy May 25th 11, 08:00 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
NASA's sad, pathetic throwback to Apollo

"Rich" wrote in message
This would be hilarious, if it weren't so sad. None of this surprises me.
With a guy like Obama...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy March 28th 11, 02:03 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Are non-earth dwellers on this newsgroup?

"Quadibloc" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 1:57 pm, Veritas wrote:
Or is this...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy March 24th 11, 02:49 AM Posted to misc.survivalism,alt.survival,sci.astro.amateur,rec.crafts.metalworking
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
Lessons from Japan

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Mar 23, 6:37 pm, wrote:
On Mar 23,...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy March 1st 11, 08:05 AM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
"The program use REAL time." -- Wilson.

"Chris.B" wrote in message
On 27 Feb., 16:11, "Andrex spluttered all over his mother's keyboard:

Forum: Astronomy Misc March 1st 11, 08:05 AM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.astro.amateur

"Chris.B" wrote in message
On 27 Feb., 16:11, "Andrex spluttered all over his mother's keyboard:

Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 12th 11, 11:01 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By T.T.[_2_]
What is an amateur astronomer now?

"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Chris.B" wrote