Search: Posts From Last Day
Excellent Space News website: ArsTechnica.com by Jeff Findley[_6_]
One of the websites I frequent is ArsTechnica.com. For space news, Eric Berger is usually the author and I consider him to be quite good at his job. I also...
Today 01:55 PM
by Rocket Man Go to last post
1 15 Policy
OT Tens of thousands of Hispanics are marching to America by Mark Earnest[_2_]
And Trump is going to go point guns at them. Then what? Shoot them? It is a humanitarian crisis and no place for violence.
Today 01:04 PM
by Mark Earnest[_2_] Go to last post
2 10 Misc
[PS] Following perfect launch, BepiColombo takes self-portraits from space by The Planetary Society via sci.space.science Admin
Planetary Society Blog /////////////////////////////////////////// Following perfect launch, BepiColombo takes self-portraits from space Posted: 22 Oct 2018...
0 5 Science
Geomagnetism by Gerald Kelleher
http://geomag.org/info/Declination/magnetic_declination_2010.gif The most underused observation is probably geomagnetism and specifically why it is not...
Today 10:43 AM
by Gerald Kelleher Go to last post
0 5 Amateur Astronomy
Aliens are Us by Herbert Glazier
Earth is not humankinds home planet.Its all part of my novel "Stepping Stones" A great movie could be made.Spielberg are you reading this? Trebert Ps Treb...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Today 09:27 AM
by Daniel60 Go to last post
18 175 Misc
Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan? by RichA[_6_]
Towards the end, Sagan, formerly a productive astrophysicist from Cornell and publicizer of astronomy became a bit of a pariah, wandering around, screeching at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Today 08:27 AM
by Gerald Kelleher Go to last post
366 853 Amateur Astronomy
A better view of direct/retrogrades for Mercury/Venus by Gerald Kelleher
I sometimes see people scramble to put observations in proper context and that is fine,at least up to a point. The wayward video commentaries of Venus/Mercury...
Today 07:46 AM
by Gerald Kelleher Go to last post
3 10 Amateur Astronomy
The Caravan(s) by Arc Michael
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 10:13:42 PM UTC-6, hanson wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/americas/caravan-mexico-border/index.html ...
Today 12:10 AM
by a425couple Go to last post
1 9 Misc
Why Does Saturn Have Thin Beautiful Rings? by Mark Earnest[_2_]
....instead of being surrounded by a sphere of cataclysmic asteroids and colliding space debris? No one knows.
Today 12:00 AM
by Mark Earnest[_2_] Go to last post
9 76 Misc
The Caravan(s) by Double-A[_4_]
On Saturday, October 20, 2018 at 9:13:42 PM UTC-7, hanson wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/americas/caravan-mexico-border/index.html ...
Yesterday 11:16 PM
by Arc Michael Go to last post
2 10 Misc
It's Autumn in the Northwest ... by Double-A[_4_]
Partly cloudy here in Gresham and a nice autumnal 65F as of 2:30. Wind NW at 6 mph. Humidity 45%. Library still too hot! Double-A
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 10:56 PM
by Double-A[_4_] Go to last post
48 198 Misc
For those who appreciate logic and reasoning by Gerald Kelleher
The Equator and indeed the entire surface of the Earth turns in two distinct ways to the Sun generating the daily 24 hour day/night cycle and separately...
Yesterday 06:40 PM
by Gerald Kelleher Go to last post
0 12 Amateur Astronomy