Search: Posts made by: Stefan Lilge
Forum: Astro Pictures July 14th 16, 09:42 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Spiral NGC 5174

Beautiful image Rick.
This galaxy is only in the second most urgent category in my list, I may
have to promote it after seeing your image.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Astro Pictures July 14th 16, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Ring Galaxy LEDA 087293 I think that's right

Rick,

Guide9 doesn't even find the LEDA number, so it seems to be an elusive
object. In spite of that it looks beautiful in your image, these ring
galaxies are faszinating.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" ...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 14th 16, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: Abell 39 (PN in Hercules)

I wanted to do one narrowband-target in the clear nights in early May and
Abell 39 came to my mind. So far I only had a b/w version.
I binned all frames 2x2 which makes me background limited with...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 14th 16, 10:46 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: NGC 5112

NGC 5112 (a rather strange galaxy in CVn) was another target for those nice
clear nights at the beginning of May.
I gathered data in five nights which was a problem because I did not have
flats for...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 14th 16, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
IC 620 and a Neat Ring Galaxy

Mighty image Rick. The ring galaxy is breathtaking with it's nice colour
contrast between core and ring.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

IC 620...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 14th 16, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
IC 480 An Edge On Flat Galaxy

Rick,

great job to show so many details in the dust lane of this small galaxy.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 14th 16, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Planetary Nebula NGC 2022

Rick,

I have imaged NGC 2022 several times but did not even know that there is an
outer shell....
Maybe I'll try some longer exposures next winter.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 27th 16, 12:13 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: Arp 288/ NGC 5221/5222/5230

We had an almost unreal interval of good weather last new moon, don't
remember if it were six or seven clear nights with only one cloudy night in
between.
Unfortunately I was too lazy to join some...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 26th 16, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Sh2-171 and Sh2-272

Rick,

these are great targets for long focal lengths, have put them on my list.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 26th 16, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Sh2-241 plus mosaic with vdB 65

Rick,

that looks very nice, especially the mosaic with vdB65 with it's contrasting
colour.
I am sure that I have imaged Sh2-241 as I remember it looking like a comet,
but I don't find the image on...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 24th 16, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Reflection Nebula vdB 16

Mighty image Rick.
This looks like a ghostly version of NGC 7023.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

The reflection nebula vdB 16 is part of a huge...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 5th 16, 03:23 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: NGC 3938

On a weekend from March to April I have been attending a small starparty in
the north of Germany. Unfortunately weather was not as good as forecast, the
first night only allowed for 40 minutes of...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 5th 16, 02:04 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Barnard 5

Rick,

a most interesting object. The star near the nebula certainly looks like
they belong together.
And the galaxies come unexpected in such a field.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 3rd 16, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Strange Spiral NGC 3206

Rick,

this one has an odd form indeed. I would bet that I have seen a version of
this galaxy by you before, but I don't bet ;-)
Went onto my list where it had been missing so...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 27th 16, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: NGC 5278/5279

In the night from April 21 to April 22 I was looking for something to image
far from the nearly full moon that was adding it's light to the city lights.
I was stunned when I stumbled upon the...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 27th 16, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: Sh2-261

Rick,

sorry for the late answer: I use a filter drawer with the RASA.
Actually dust is not a problem with such a fast scope, dust donuts are so
large and fuzzy that they are not really conspicuous...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 27th 16, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: NGC 3631 with SN2016bau

....and here is a luminance in full size (0.45 arcseconds/pixel) without the
supernova...

Stefan
Forum: Astro Pictures April 26th 16, 10:09 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
ASTRO: NGC 3631 with SN2016bau

In March I imaged NGC 3631 in three nights. When processing the image I had
a strange artifact at one place and found that the strange spot had a star
in it in the last two nights where no star had...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 26th 16, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Red Reflection Nebula vdB 37

Rick,

at least the permanent bad weather is the same over here if that gives some
consolation ;-)
Still you managed to get a remarkable picture, looks really good. I just
checked in Guide9, if I...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 26th 16, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Barnard 29 A hole in space-time?

Rick,

that's a well defined dark nebula, I'll have to put it on my list.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 26th 16, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
WBL 133 Galaxy Group

Rick,

the new version looks even better than the old one, so it wasn't too bad ;-)

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 19th 16, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Very Strange UGC 1767 and More

Rick,

that's quite a freak show indeed ;-)

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 19th 16, 09:31 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
SN 2016bkv before and after animation in NGC 3184

Rick,

great detail in addition to the supernova.
I recently had the supernova in NGC 3631 appearing between the nights that
were clear in Berlin. Will post the picture later this...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 19th 16, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
Planetary Nebula Abell 82 Two Views

Phantastic image Rick. This PN just got a much higher rank on my "to do"
list.

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

Abell 82 is a planetary nebula in...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 19th 16, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Stefan Lilge
NGC 0699 Is it Red and Dead?

Rick,

the dust lane is very detailed in your picture in spite of the galaxies
small size. And the number of background galaxies is amazing.