Search: Posts From Last Day
Planetary Society Blog for Thursday 18 January 2018 by The Planetary Society via sci.space.science Admin
Planetary Society Blog /////////////////////////////////////////// Let's talk about NASA's latest commercial crew delay Posted: 17 Jan 2018 08:19 PM...
0 7 Science
Zombie Apocalypse by Mark Earnest[_2_]
Space cadets, creative people, somebody get here. Too many dead people!
Today 01:10 PM
by Mark Earnest[_2_] Go to last post
0 10 Misc
The power of Riedt's constant Y = 5022635 by Peter Riedt
The power of Riedt's constant Y = 5022635 If two of vm, rm and opy of any object orbiting the sun are known the missing third one can be...
Today 11:55 AM
by Peter Riedt Go to last post
8 25 Astronomy Misc
The gravitational law and Huygens's centripetal law are the same by Peter Riedt
The gravitational law and Huygens's centripetal law are the same Huygens published his centripetal law Fc = mpl*vm^2/sma in 1659. The formula Fg =...
Today 11:51 AM
by Peter Riedt Go to last post
0 5 Astronomy Misc
Warp Drive by Mark Earnest[_2_]
Gene Roddenberry may have been inspired. It seems like matter/antimatter fusion starship engines that exist halfway out of the universe just may be the spark...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Today 10:14 AM
by Daniel60 Go to last post
14 39 Misc
PBS 2 hour "Black Hole Apocalypse" NOVA special was pretty good by RichA[_6_]
Perhaps a bit derivative of parts of Cosmos and The Elegant Universe and the lady astrophysicist wasn't the most compelling narrator, but the info on the LIGO...
Today 09:33 AM
by RichA[_6_] Go to last post
5 21 Amateur Astronomy
have they all now given up? by Brian Gaff
So sci.space.news no longer has any news published to it other than an occasional space calendar, and here we occasionally see an update to a liking to and...
Today 09:19 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 21 Space Station
Want to know the REAL future of climate? Ask an astronomer by RichA[_6_]
(Phys.org)—Is Earth slowly heading for a new ice age? Looking at the decreasing number of sunspots, it may seem that we are entering a nearly spotless solar...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Today 08:13 AM
by Chris.B[_3_] Go to last post
49 85 Amateur Astronomy
Newton's Principia Book III Propositions 1 to 8 by Peter Riedt
Newton's Principia Book III Propositions 1 to 8 In Propositions 1, 2, 3 and 8 Newton does not mention the mass of solar objects but only the square of their...
Today 08:10 AM
by Peter Riedt Go to last post
0 6 Astronomy Misc
Space OR Planetary Science - Google News for Wednesday 17 January 2018 by Google News via sci.space.science Admin
space OR planetary science - Google News /////////////////////////////////////////// Scientists Are Tracing the Source of One of the Most Mysterious Signals...
0 8 Science
Remark on a comment made by Gerald Kelleher
A while ago one of the contributors, with the appropriate pseudo-authority of an echo chamber, announced that mathematical voodoo is more relevant than normal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Today 04:33 AM
by David Goldfarb Go to last post
15 49 Amateur Astronomy
And Global Warming strikes again by Hägar
In Siberia, on 1/17/2018, a new cold record: - 88.6F !! People are freezing to...
Today 02:59 AM
by Arc Michael Go to last post
2 14 Misc
Winter in Gresham by Double-A[_4_]
Now 46F here in Gresham as of 2:30 PM on this winter's day. Wind 4 mph out of the southwest. Occasional rain showers. Humidity 89%. I here LA has now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Today 12:36 AM
by hanson Go to last post
22 59 Misc
Trouble For Dark Energy Hypothesis? by Jonathan Thornburg [remove -animal to reply][_3_]
] Gary Harnagel wrote: I'm having trouble picturing why we should see the CMBR at all. Since it's traveling at the speed of light but...
Yesterday 11:01 PM
by Steve Willner Go to last post
6 34 Research
Astronomy and Biology by jacobnavia
They meet in Mars exploration. Since quite a time, humans are roving the planet, "looking for life". Sadly, I think that this is not the case. Biology has...
Yesterday 10:59 PM
by Steve Willner Go to last post
7 40 Research