Search: Posts made by: palsing[_2_]
Forum: Amateur Astronomy Yesterday, 12:05 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Want to know the REAL future of climate? Ask an astronomer

Someone wrote... "The only rational conclusion anyone can read is that either you are
droolingly stupid, or you know exactly what results you'll get, and
that's your goal."

OK, it is clear that...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 16th 18, 10:42 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Want to know the REAL future of climate? Ask an astronomer

Someone wrote... "It doesn't matter if Chicken Little *is* right if nobody listens. And
nobody listens to environmental alarmists any more precisely because
they have been predicting the end of the...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 16th 18, 09:51 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Want to know the REAL future of climate? Ask an astronomer

Someone wrote... "Your comment was that you're Chicken Little..."

No wonder you are so confused, your lousy reading comprhension has led you astray right out of the box. I never made any such claim,...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 16th 18, 08:39 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Want to know the REAL future of climate? Ask an astronomer

Someone wrote... "You really should go read the story. Seriously. Then you might
understand the point of it. Which you don't."

I understand the story perfectly, and it obviously you who just...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 16th 18, 06:11 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Want to know the REAL future of climate? Ask an astronomer

Someone wrote...

"
"THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!"

Chicken Little only needs to be right once...
Forum: Misc January 13th 18, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Alien Super Civilizations

Mark wrote...

"Well I am arguing it. I say we can go much faster than 186,000 miles per second. It takes intelligence to get things to go that fast and you and the rest of mankind do not have...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 12th 18, 11:57 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Remark on a comment made

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 11:55:07 AM UTC-8, Quadibloc wrote:
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 12:19:31 PM UTC-7, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
Who can blame these unfortunates from making things...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 10th 18, 06:30 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Good News: Slow, but steady progress

Way back in the early days of the internet I wanted to find articles regarding naked-eye astronomy but was blocked from doing so because of the word 'naked'. It was very frustrating...
Forum: Misc January 10th 18, 03:27 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
There are lots of aliens out there in space.

On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 6:19:14 PM UTC-8, Bast wrote:

.....He's seemingly backing down on DACA, and bouncing the wall down the
road...

Do you suppose that he is backing down on the wall...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 7th 18, 08:03 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
What the direct/retrograde motion of Venus looks like

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 8:18:40 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

The actual loop of Venus around the Sun is accompanied by phases changes and size increases...

Yes, but this is WRT the Sun,...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 7th 18, 04:05 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
What the direct/retrograde motion of Venus looks like

Gerald wrote... are just

"The new approach and insight in respect to the faster Venus and Mercury requires a really different perspective than the slower moving planets..."

No, it doesn't, this...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 6th 18, 07:50 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
What the direct/retrograde motion of Venus looks like

It is NOT a new insight, except for you. You are at least a century behind.
Forum: Misc January 6th 18, 05:33 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
The Electoral College 101 ...

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 7:36:53 PM UTC-8, Bast wrote:

Ohhhh, you mean the guys who can't get promotions because the companies they
work for have mandatory affirmative action programs,...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 6th 18, 01:47 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
What the direct/retrograde motion of Venus looks like

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 4:29:11 PM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 11:36:52 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 9:59:27 AM UTC-8, Gerald...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 6th 18, 12:36 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
What the direct/retrograde motion of Venus looks like

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 9:59:27 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
http://www.popastro.com/images/planetary/observations/Venus-July%202010-January%202012.jpg

Just where does one need to be...
Forum: Misc January 4th 18, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
More Global Warming

On Thursday, January 4, 2018 at 9:58:52 AM UTC-8, Hägar wrote:
NYC: almost at a standstill
JKF: all flights canceled.
LaGuardia: all flights canceled.
Newark: 95% of flights canceled.
Forum: Misc December 28th 17, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
The universe will not end.

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 11:00:21 AM UTC-8, Mark Earnest wrote:
The universe is not suicidal.

Lots of theories out there concerning the ultimate fate of the universe, here are 10 of...
Forum: Misc December 28th 17, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Global Warming ....

https://phys.org/news/2017-06-farms-bird-slayers-theyre-behere.html
Forum: Amateur Astronomy December 25th 17, 04:50 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Midnight Christmas Eve

Thanks again, Marty...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy December 22nd 17, 08:18 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By palsing[_2_]
After the Solstice

On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 11:02:33 AM UTC-8, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

Most of the flawed 'tilt' explanations are now packed away until the March Equinox when the same old falsehoods will be...
Forum: Misc December 18th 17, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
OK, your can cancel Christmas: Santa's bones have been found!

On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 4:22:37 PM UTC-8, Bast wrote:
Double-A wrote:
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/12/holidays-saints-religion-tombs-burials/

R.I P. Santa.

Forum: Misc December 17th 17, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
ADDENDUM: - Hagar still willingly bending over to let NASA doit to him

On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 12:30:35 PM UTC-8, Bast wrote:
Bast wrote:
palsing wrote:
So, apparently you lied when you said you were going to ignore me...

Also, all that...
Forum: Misc December 15th 17, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Hagar still willingly bending over to let NASA do it to him

" ...I now will completely ignore this thread and anyone posting to it."

Well, you've said that before, more or less, and it proved to be a lie. Too bad, I really wanted hear your answer as to why...
Forum: Misc December 15th 17, 08:50 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Hagar still willingly bending over to let NASA do it to him

So, apparently you lied when you said you were going to ignore me...

Also, all that so-called evidence you have just barfed up has been addressed in the last link I provided... assuming you can...
Forum: Misc December 15th 17, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By palsing[_2_]
Hagar still willingly bending over to let NASA do it to him

On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 8:55:28 AM UTC-8, Bast wrote:
palsing wrote:
Most of your questions are answered here...

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html#crater