Forum: Misc June 11th 21, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By [email protected]
a scientific "proof" of astrology

As the man said, if someone says something is IMPOSSIBLE they are most
likely wrong.

I recalled Einstein's comment in the middle of a project that was
looking into predicting earthquakes. These are...
Forum: Astronomy Misc January 15th 12, 05:44 AM Posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.astronomy
Posted By [email protected]
Lunar Mascons cleverness

In sci.physics Michael Moroney wrote:
Brad Guth writes:
As I said before, you don't know squat about photography, its dynamic
range...
Forum: Astronomy Misc December 10th 11, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.folklore.urban,alt.fan.michael-moore,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.quotations
Posted By [email protected]
HOW THE PYRAMID REALLY WERE BUILT . . .

In sci.physics wrote:

Isn?t it wonderful when truth finally catches up to fiction and gives
it a good, swift kick in the ass.

However, It also makes us...
Forum: Policy December 9th 11, 04:15 PM Posted to sci.physics,alt.global-warming,sci.environment,sci.space.policy
Posted By [email protected]
Carbon Emissions Show Biggest Jump Ever Recorded

In sci.physics Fred J. McCall wrote:
Perhaps you should learn to read and think?

Some form of projection, obviously.

--
Forum: Astronomy Misc November 12th 11, 03:02 AM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]

In sci.physics eric gisse wrote:
On the other hand, at least the androcles realized that even he was too
****ing lazy to change his email every day to escape...
Forum: Astronomy Misc November 7th 11, 11:30 PM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]
Very simple reason for no black hole

In sci.physics Sam Wormley wrote:
o Black holes, who's matter resides inside its Schwarzschild radius.

Talking about which, I saw a nice pic in the news of the past...
Forum: Astronomy Misc October 30th 11, 10:51 PM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]
Conversation with a relativity critic

In sci.physics eric gisse wrote:
Correct. I do, however, see one right he
"Koobee Wublee and other scholars of physics"
[...]
Do you think he copies and...
Forum: Astronomy Misc October 30th 11, 10:42 PM Posted to sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]
Gyroscope Solution

In sci.physics RichD wrote:
On Oct 26, Sam Wormley wrote:
? ?The physics that works on the earth is the same physics that
? ?works .......
Forum: Policy October 27th 11, 05:22 AM Posted to alt.philosophy,alt.atheism,sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,misc.invest.stocks
Posted By [email protected]
the 99%

In alt.philosophy Zacharias Mulletstein wrote:
Star Trek is stupid. It's for latent homosexual nerds who will never get laid.

It's only one step from...
Forum: Astronomy Misc October 24th 11, 09:52 AM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]
What is wrong with the 'Mainstream Scientific Establishment'?

In sci.physics Jerry wrote:
The computer screen is not a point source, and the inverse
square law does not apply at close range.

Yes, an actual 10/50 cm...
Forum: Astronomy Misc October 19th 11, 04:45 AM Posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Posted By [email protected]
Scientists now understand Dark Matter less than ever before

In sci.physics Lofty Goat wrote:
I'm real curious what cosmologists think this, and who they hired to do
their computer work. Given that hypothetical dark matter...
Forum: Astronomy Misc October 14th 11, 12:57 AM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]
What is wrong with the 'Mainstream Scientific Establishment'?

In sci.physics Timo Nieminen wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Androcles wrote:
Nonsense, that's simply radar. Use Greenfield's notation, c' = c+v.
If the light hits the...
Forum: Policy May 25th 11, 03:34 PM Posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy
Posted By [email protected]
Stargazers spot dark energy

In alt.philosophy David Spain wrote:
We need to study and think hard about what could be going on near and around
the Planck 'interval'. My money is on positive quantum...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy May 14th 11, 03:04 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.math,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Posted By [email protected]
Proof that Liebniz is a LYING IDIOT hundreds of years AFTER his first *vis viva* paper.

In sci.math PD wrote:
On May 13, 3:44?pm, NoEinstein wrote:
1tree: ?I am the King of Science and don't need the approval of anyone
for...
Forum: Astronomy Misc May 12th 11, 09:00 PM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]
NO Relativity Theory needed for GPS

In sci.math Timo Nieminen wrote:
You say that the temperature of the balls in a Cavendish experiment
will affect the force between the balls. By how much?

Not...
Forum: History May 3rd 11, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.environment
Posted By [email protected]
The Santa Claus Machine

In alt.philosophy Greg Goss wrote:
Immortalist wrote:
Once such a machine exists it could gather
sunlight and materials that it?s sitting on, and...
Forum: History May 3rd 11, 04:09 AM Posted to alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.environment
Posted By [email protected]
The Santa Claus Machine

In alt.philosophy Immortalist wrote:
A Santa Claus Machine, named after the folkloric Santa Claus, is a
hypothetical machine that is capable of creating any required...
Forum: Astronomy Misc April 28th 11, 05:04 AM Posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Posted By [email protected]
NO Relativity Theory needed for GPS

In sci.math Peter Webb wrote:
"Koobee Wublee" wrote in message
Forum: Astronomy Misc April 24th 11, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,sci.astro,sci.skeptic
Posted By [email protected]
Are we alone in our universe, are we alone in our galaxy? Most unlikely.

In sci.skeptic wf3h wrote:
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:10:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:
The chance as determined by Scientists that theres...
Forum: Policy January 20th 11, 03:38 PM Posted to sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,rec.arts.sf.written
Replies: 1,636
Posted By [email protected]
Once and for all...are humans or robots better for Mars?

In alt.philosophy ZX wrote:
The fact this question is comparing robots to humans pretty much sums it
all up.

The accountants say we can't afford a 2nd basket so...
Forum: Policy January 18th 11, 02:10 AM Posted to alt.global-warming,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,soc.culture.china
Posted By [email protected]
Could Global Warming be the Savior of Humanity?

In alt.philosophy Roger Coppock wrote:
So, if you're in a loosing situation, like falling from high place
without a parachute, realize that it could be a good thing. At...
Forum: Astronomy Misc January 12th 11, 05:08 AM Posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math
Posted By [email protected]
organizing this book #322 Atom Totality theory

In sci.math Archenemy Plutocracy wrote:
The letters in "Archimedes Plutonium" may be re-arranged to spell
"I Pound His Male Rectum" and many other delightful phrases.
How...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 8th 11, 10:37 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.math,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Posted By [email protected]
Proof that Einstein is a LYING IDIOT 15 years AFTER his first

In sci.math Chris.B wrote:
[Warty]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_review

Here's another article that likely...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 8th 11, 08:02 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.math,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Posted By [email protected]
Proof that Einstein is a LYING IDIOT 15 years AFTER his first relativity paper.

In sci.math Andrew Smallshaw wrote:
[...]
Try reading any guide on netiquette. No one needs to read the same
stuff over and over, particuarly when it is half baked...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 7th 11, 10:15 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.math,sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics
Posted By [email protected]
Proof that Einstein is a LYING IDIOT 15 years AFTER his first relativity paper.

In sci.math Darwin123 wrote:
On Jan 7, 11:28?am, PD wrote:
Androcles claims to be a devout believer in Newtonian mechanics and
yet this kind...