Search: Posts made by: slilge
Forum: Astro Pictures December 31st 17, 06:28 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, so I'll visit the cloudy nights CCD forum...

Rick,

so I'll visit the cloudy nights CCD forum more often now.
I guess newsgroups are a bit of a prehistoric thing by now...

Stefan
Forum: Astro Pictures December 4th 17, 09:45 PM
Posted By slilge
Astro: Ic 405/410

Until recently I could not even fit IC 405 on my CCD (or CMOS) chip, but with the TS 60mm ED plus 0.79 reducer I can even get IC 410 (and parts of IC 417) in one image.

As usual recently this was...
Forum: Astro Pictures December 4th 17, 09:10 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, this galaxy has nice wide spiral arms. You...

Rick,

this galaxy has nice wide spiral arms. You clearly caught the blue outer arms in spite of the fires.
Forum: Astro Pictures November 28th 17, 09:22 PM
Posted By slilge
A nice pair at the bottom. NGC 7331 would...

A nice pair at the bottom.
NGC 7331 would probably draw more viewers than NGC 7731 ;-)
Forum: Astro Pictures November 28th 17, 09:06 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, the blue arms of IC 226 almost look like...

Rick,

the blue arms of IC 226 almost look like Hubble pictures of gravitational lensing :-)
Forum: Astro Pictures November 28th 17, 09:03 PM
Posted By slilge
Nice detail in these small galaxies.

Nice detail in these small galaxies.
Forum: Astro Pictures November 28th 17, 08:53 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, the (ex-) cluster looks a bit like a...

Rick,

the (ex-) cluster looks a bit like a distorted mini version of the big dipper.
Forum: Astro Pictures November 28th 17, 08:42 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, the FSQ is a bit on the steep side...

Rick,

the FSQ is a bit on the steep side especially when considering the dollar per inch of aperture ratio. That said there aren't too many scopes that can handle a CCD chip as large as yours. And...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 27th 17, 10:16 PM
Posted By slilge
ASTRO: Rosette nebula

I bought a small 60mm f/5.5 ED refractor a while ago, coupled with a 0.79 reducer it has a focal length of 260mm. This allows me to image those popular large nebulae that always have been too big for...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 27th 17, 10:08 PM
Posted By slilge
Apart from the "strange" features this...

Apart from the "strange" features this galaxy has very well defined spiral arms. Beautiful image.
Forum: Astro Pictures November 27th 17, 09:55 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, the change in the last image is...

Rick,

the change in the last image is astounding. It did not change a lot in previous years. I have never managed to image this nebula even though it has been on my list for years.
Forum: Astro Pictures November 1st 17, 09:43 PM
Posted By slilge
ASTRO: Double Minkowski

I wanted to image Planetary Nebula M 2-52 with my 10" Meade ACF, but noticed that I would get M 2-51 with half the focal length. It is only 13 arcseconds large but interestingly shaped.
I have...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 1st 17, 09:22 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, colour does not look as good as usual in...

Rick,

colour does not look as good as usual in your images, but you still captured a lot of those faint fuzzies (and some of them even with nice detail):
Forum: Astro Pictures November 1st 17, 08:41 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, the smoke didn't keep you from getting...

Rick,

the smoke didn't keep you from getting star colours that look realistic to me.
Forum: Astro Pictures November 1st 17, 08:36 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, those two look a bit like the antennae...

Rick,

those two look a bit like the antennae galaxies (NGC 4038/4039), of course a much smaller and fainter version.
The plumes are clearly visible on my screen.
Forum: Astro Pictures November 1st 17, 08:25 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, NGC 7535 and 7536 are nice spirals. And a...

Rick,

NGC 7535 and 7536 are nice spirals. And a lot of background galaxies too (although the main galaxies would fall into this category themselves in Virgo or Leo ;-).

Stefan
Forum: Astro Pictures October 13th 17, 08:25 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, that nebula is really strange - and...

Rick,

that nebula is really strange - and interesting.
Wonder what it is.
The cluster is nice too.
Forum: Astro Pictures October 12th 17, 09:54 PM
Posted By slilge
Great image Rick. Very smooth and detailed....

Great image Rick. Very smooth and detailed. Especially the two northern galaxies are very interesting.
Forum: Astro Pictures October 12th 17, 09:52 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, I only have a small SSD but I am sure...

Rick,

I only have a small SSD but I am sure stacking up external harddrives ;-)
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 17, 09:07 PM
Posted By slilge
ASTRO: Three small PN: NGC 6884, IC 5217 und "Footprint" Nebula

In the nights when I collected the data for Abell 80 (http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp12/Abell80colourneugut.jpg) the seeing was quite good, so I imaged some small but bright planetary nebulae in...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 17, 08:52 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, that's a surprisingly nice cluster...

Rick,

that's a surprisingly nice cluster considering that it escaped the NGC and IC observers. And the reflection nebula is also clearly visible.
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 17, 08:47 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, the cluster seems to be less affected by...

Rick,

the cluster seems to be less affected by the dust than the milky way stars. I would guess that it would be lost in the milky way without the dust.
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 17, 08:43 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, the cluster is easy to spot, in spite of...

Rick,

the cluster is easy to spot, in spite of it's rather faint stars.
Forum: Astro Pictures October 4th 17, 08:55 PM
Posted By slilge
Rick, I really like those perfect stars in your...

Rick,

I really like those perfect stars in your image. And the cluster is nice too.
Forum: Astro Pictures October 1st 17, 11:06 PM
Posted By slilge
ASTRO: Abell 80

In the second half of August I spent five nights on the planetary nebula Abell 80 (PK102-05.1), which is a bit larger than two arcminutes.
The conditions were changeable, two nights were very good by...