Search: Posts made by: J McBride
Forum: Astro Pictures February 12th 09, 05:21 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: M42

I went and took all the good data I had of M42 since going digital and put
them together to see what I would get. The scopes used were 8"f/4 newt and
a 4" tak refractor f6 and f/8. Deepsky stacker...
Forum: Astro Pictures February 3rd 09, 02:10 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: Comet Lulin

Thanks Kev, I don't have much data and as soon as I posted here I saw some
nice images that had lots of data so mine is not the best. The magnitude is
around 5.5 I think. It is supposedly naked...
Forum: Astro Pictures February 3rd 09, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: Comet Lulin

I got some clearing Saturday night so I went for it. There was some high
clouds drifting in and out...the kind you don't see until its on top of your
target. This was taken through a FS102 @ f/8...
Forum: Astro Pictures January 22nd 09, 05:05 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
Horse Head region

I use a baader. I don't know if the Lumicon is better or the TeleVue or the
Baader. Any thoughts? The alignment might be off just a tad to make the
elongated star in the corner. The sensitivity...
Forum: Astro Pictures January 21st 09, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
Horse Head region

I finally got to take my new (to Me) 8" f/4 Newtonian out under some clear dark skies. Here in MI we get perpetual cloudiness through out the colder seasons because of lake MI, so this was a treat. ...
Forum: Astro Pictures January 14th 09, 05:33 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: UGC 1810 and UGC 1813 (Arp 273)

A SCT working @ f/5.1! I am thinking about trading my C-11 for a 10" ARC.
I would like a 12" but the G-11 might whine a little with the extra weight.
Nice image BTW. I like the star...
Forum: Astro Pictures January 14th 09, 05:29 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: Another Arp 273

Nice image Rick. What magnitude are these?

Joe

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
The large galaxy is UGC 1810, the...
Forum: Astro Pictures December 15th 08, 08:01 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: M56

The long focal length of Your 14" makes quick work resolving it into stars.
I took a shot a few years ago of M56 on film and it looked like a small
unresolved blob of stars.

Joe

"Rick Johnson"...
Forum: Astro Pictures December 12th 08, 06:00 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
The spiral galaxy NGC 7331

Awesome image! The detail around the center looks 3D.

Joe

"Danilo Pivato" wrote in message
Hi all,

at least a...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 30th 08, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
M45 region

Thanks!, I used a Canon 70mm - 200mm f/4 Zoom. I set it at 135mm and I
stopped it down to f/4.5 to get some spikes around the brightest stars.

Joe

"J McBride" wrote in...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 28th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
Astro: The Fly, NGC 1931

On of the best images I have seen of this object close up.

Joe

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
In late July I ran...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 25th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
M45 region

Here is 50 minutes I shot earlier this month. I used a 70mm - 200mm f/4
zoom set at 135mm @ f/4.5 with a modified Canon XTi. It appears like I am
starting to pick up the darker nebula that runs...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 22nd 08, 07:24 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
Astro: Delphinus' other globular

Nice image Rick. The galaxies really add to the distance factor of this
cluster.

Joe

"Rick Johnson" wrote in...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 19th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
astro: ic1613

Interesting object. Looks like you got some detail which look like star
forming regions and some nebula or HII regions.

Joe

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 15th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
astro: ic1396

Very nice. How much do you crop out of your images?

Joe

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in message
26x300 seconds
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
astro: ngc457

One of my favorite clusters.

Joe

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in message
ngc436 upper right and Sh 2-188 on the left
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 08, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
astro: ic342

Hi John, That is a faint one. It is also hidden in the Milkyway which
doesn't help. It looks a bit dark for me but you do have some structure in
the inner arm. Stars look good as...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: NGC 7094 and a bonus nebula

Hey Man, I'm not arguing what it is. I'm just saying that I'm not surprised
that you picked it up. That stuff is everywhere up there and I hope to have
a imaging system strong enough to capture it...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 9th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: NGC 7094 and a bonus nebula

Nice image Rick! That planetary is very blue. That extra nebula is not
surprising though. I saw an image on Astromart yesterday posted by Roland
Christen that showed intergalactic dust up to and...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 28th 08, 09:08 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: Orion's Sword

Hi again, This is from the same night as my M33 shot using the same setup
except this is only 40 minutes of data. No darks or flats and asembled in
Deep Sky Stacker and processed in PS7. I think...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 28th 08, 06:19 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: M33

Hi, There was lots of fog last night and this morning. Here is my second
attempt ever of this galaxy. My first was on film just 4 years ago. I
wanted to go long to get the arms and the sphere that...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 26th 08, 04:37 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: M33 with unmodified Canon 40D

Excellent! You need about 10 more to smooth out the grit and a little Ha to
punch up the reds.

Joe

"Robert Price" wrote in...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 20th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: DeepSkyStacker processing

I get a little color difference when I use TIFF v.s. JPEG v.s. RAW. in
deepsky stacker. I usually take the AUTO image that deep sky stacker makes
and process that one. I save it as a 16bit and...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 20th 08, 04:16 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
ASTRO: DeepSkyStacker processing

Hi Robert, You don't really need to pre-process the noise. Deep sky stacker
has a feature that will get rid of hot and cold pixels automatically. This
image was taken with no darks or flats using...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 17th 08, 07:14 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By J McBride
astro: ic5146

Hi John, this guy is faint and hard to get good data with. Nice image
though. I see that mighty 7" is working out well.

Joe

"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in...