Search: Posts made by: Mike Nolan
Forum: FITS May 6th 09, 07:38 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Mike Nolan
[fitsbits] frequency definitions

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 10:50:44AM -0700, Tom Kuiper wrote:
Bob Garwood wrote:
Then you ask" What is the difference between FREQ-OBS and FREQREST?".
But I'm not sure what you mean by...
Forum: FITS August 27th 08, 07:16 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Mike Nolan
[fitsbits] fitsverify and "implied" table columns themselves...?

I guess we all got so caught up in Paper 3 that we forgot to check
back with Paper 1. The problem isn't with the "Green Bank Convention"
for degenerate columns. As Bill Pence said, it's that we're...
Forum: FITS August 27th 08, 05:14 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Mike Nolan
[fitsbits] fitsverify and "implied" table columns themselves...?

We're writing radio data in binary tables, and fitsverify hates them:

133) fitsverify /share/pdata1/pdev/x108.20080826.b0s1g0.
00800.fits

fitsverify 4.13...
Forum: FITS April 27th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Mike Nolan
[fitsbits] Packed binary values

We're trying to data formats a new spectral instrument. It will produce
binary tables in a vaguely SDFITS-like format, with a table column
that contains a data array. The array will have multiple...