Search: Posts made by: LC's No-Spam Newsreading account
Forum: FITS May 5th 09, 11:44 AM Posted to sci.astro.fits
[fitsbits] frequency definitions

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Tom Kuiper wrote:

I'd like to get it clear in my mind what the various frequency
definitions are. Is the following right? If there is a place where
all this is clearly...
Forum: FITS April 27th 09, 05:58 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
[fitsbits] How is NAXISn supposed to work?

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, RPEHLM wrote:

"Arrays of more than one dimension shall consist of a sequence such
that the index along axis 1 varies most rapidly, that along axis 2
next most...
Forum: FITS April 7th 09, 02:30 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
[fitsbits] Draft WCS Paper V: Time

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Patrick P Murphy wrote:
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:20:05 -0700, Rob Seaman said:

I'm replying to both since I'm not sure I'm on fitswcs. Somebody want
to...
Forum: FITS April 1st 08, 05:06 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
[fitsbits] Interpretation of repeat count in binary tables

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, William Pence wrote:

No it is not contrary to the standard. Projects are free to invent their own
local conventions for storing the data in whatever structure is most