Search: Posts From Last Day
Solar System Exploration News for Tuesday 20 March 2018 by NASA via sci.space.science Admin
Solar System and Beyond /////////////////////////////////////////// NASA to Discuss Upcoming Launch of Next Planet Hunter Posted: 19 Mar 2018 09:12 AM...
0 8 Science
Solar Flare Imaging for Amateurs by [email protected]
Amateur solar flare imaging is on my list of things to do. The problem becomes how to size and control a sun cover disk in the telescope. This is the...
Today 01:03 PM
by Steve Willner Go to last post
2 55 Research
The Equinox defined by Gerald Kelleher
Even in geocentric terms the Equinox is a special day with two distinct types of sunrises and sunsets. The Sun will come into view for the one and only time...
Today 11:37 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 17 Amateur Astronomy
Curve Fitting in Fundamental Physics by Pentcho Valev
"By a theory I shall mean the deductive closure of a set of theoretical postulates together with an appropriate set of auxiliary hypotheses; that is,...
Today 10:38 AM
by Pentcho Valev Go to last post
0 8 Astronomy Misc
الدورة التدريبية / الجوانب القانونية والإجرائية للعقود المصرفية وتطبيقاتها by [email protected]
المؤسسة العامة للتدريب المهني تعقد الدورة التدريبية :- ...
Today 09:23 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 10 SETI
Sounds like sci-fi - 'Oumuamua Likely Had 2 Stars by Michael[_8_]
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 8:00:35 PM UTC-7, a425couple wrote: 1st Known Interstellar Visitor Gets Weirder: 'Oumuamua Likely Had 2 Stars By Mike...
Today 06:47 AM
by Michael[_8_] Go to last post
0 8 Misc
The Steady State Universe by Michael[_8_]
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 2:08:33 AM UTC-7, Keith Stein wrote: Searching for an alternative explanation of the Hubble Red Shifts, it occurred to me...
Today 06:45 AM
by Michael[_8_] Go to last post
0 6 Misc
Like Clarke's "Hammer" - To Nuke an Asteroid, How Powerful a BombDo You Need? by Michael[_8_]
On Monday, March 19, 2018 at 8:13:48 PM UTC-7, a425couple wrote: To Nuke an Asteroid, How Powerful a Bomb Do You Need? deep shyte are moving riods to kill us...
Today 05:12 AM
by Michael[_8_] Go to last post
0 7 Misc
Beamed Energy Propulsion by [email protected]
Here is a NASA report on Beamed Energy Propulsion. https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20150010986.pdf I have a variation on this modality...
Today 04:33 AM
by Fred J. McCall[_3_] Go to last post
1 9 Policy
Space OR Planetary Science - Google News for Monday 19 March 2018 by Google News via sci.space.science Admin
space OR planetary science - Google News /////////////////////////////////////////// Here's the mind-blowing science NASA will be doing in space - Syfy...
0 6 Science
Winter in Gresham by Double-A[_4_]
Now 46F here in Gresham as of 2:30 PM on this winter's day. Wind 4 mph out of the southwest. Occasional rain showers. Humidity 89%. I here LA has now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Today 03:22 AM
by hanson Go to last post
132 352 Misc
Mankind's Fate ! by [email protected]
Two important issues here : First, man is hell bent of poisoning himself out of existence. First the oceans will go, followed by everything shortly...
Today 01:18 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 22 Misc
Illustris usage by Michael F. Stemper
I'm trying to tease some data out of Illustris, and am having trouble parsing the data access specifications. For instance, about one-fifth of the way down,...
Yesterday 08:49 PM
by Michael F. Stemper Go to last post
2 41 Astronomy Misc