Search: Posts made by: Craig Fink
Forum: Space Shuttle January 4th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

John Doe wrote:

About the crews's knowledge of the problem. During the flight, Houston
had told the crew that the media had been told of a piece of foam
falling off and not to be susprised if...
Forum: History January 4th 09, 01:18 PM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Pat Flannery wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:
lol, spit it out next time. ;-)

It's a great sunscreens too.

Forum: Space Shuttle January 4th 09, 12:41 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Pat Flannery wrote:

The crew on the flight deck would certainly known that something was
seriously wrong as prior to break-up the Orbiter had gone into a flat
spin belly-first into its line...
Forum: Space Shuttle January 4th 09, 12:16 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

John Doe wrote:

I would think that what was more likely was that IF any of the aft
deck crewmembers had had previous experiece and IF they noticed
unusual plasma over the top windows, that...
Forum: History January 4th 09, 12:13 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Pat Flannery wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:
Interesting x-link discussion, page 2-37 through 2-45, looks like
Titanium performed well and it didn't. It caught fire too, along with all
the...
Forum: History January 3rd 09, 11:08 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Stuf4 wrote:

From Craig Fink:

Here is an intersting video...http://www.popsci.com/node/30347
The aluminum is stripping oxygen from the titanium-dioxide to make
titanium metal.

Forum: Space Shuttle January 3rd 09, 10:56 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

mJohn Doe wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

I'm sure the passengers on the middeck would have had plenty of
information about their situation, starting with the loss of tire
pressured...
Forum: History January 3rd 09, 10:56 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

mJohn Doe wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

I'm sure the passengers on the middeck would have had plenty of
information about their situation, starting with the loss of tire
pressured...
Forum: Space Shuttle January 3rd 09, 02:01 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

John Doe wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

Ahh, I see, your visor would have been open, a conscious logical
decision. Mine would have been closed, ever hopeful that someone with an
infinite...
Forum: History January 3rd 09, 02:01 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

John Doe wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

Ahh, I see, your visor would have been open, a conscious logical
decision. Mine would have been closed, ever hopeful that someone with an
infinite...
Forum: Space Shuttle January 2nd 09, 10:55 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Stuf4 wrote:

From Craig Fink:

When I heard the none, zero, of the occupants had the presents of mind to
close their visors, it just sound right. A real time, new, procedure
implemented...
Forum: History January 2nd 09, 10:55 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Stuf4 wrote:

From Craig Fink:

When I heard the none, zero, of the occupants had the presents of mind to
close their visors, it just sound right. A real time, new, procedure
implemented...
Forum: History January 2nd 09, 04:38 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Jorge R. Frank wrote:

Stuf4 wrote in
:

(I don't even remember it
addressing the...
Forum: History January 2nd 09, 03:56 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Stuf4 wrote:

Helmets, parachutes, seat belts didn't work? *What kind of a
conclusion is that? *Didn't work to do what? *I hope that someone on
this investigation team had a flash of insight...
Forum: Space Shuttle January 1st 09, 04:40 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Alain Fournier wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

Making an ascent/entry vehicle crash worthy, to protect the occupants.
Again, NASCAR comes to mind and they are way ahead of NASA in many
Forum: History January 1st 09, 04:40 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy

Alain Fournier wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:

Making an ascent/entry vehicle crash worthy, to protect the occupants.
Again, NASCAR comes to mind and they are way ahead of NASA in many
Forum: History December 31st 08, 03:32 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
New Columbia loss report out today

Stuf4 wrote:

From M :

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/298870main_SP-2008-565.pdf

It is the most detail accident report I have ever read in my life. I
had access to...
Forum: Policy November 20th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
EVA toolkit loss

Pat Flannery wrote:

wrote:
I wonder how much that bit of carelessness cost us taxpayers...

I don't mind my tax $$ being spent for something that's needed and I
Forum: History November 20th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
EVA toolkit loss

Pat Flannery wrote:

wrote:
I wonder how much that bit of carelessness cost us taxpayers...

I don't mind my tax $$ being spent for something that's needed and I
Forum: Space Station August 2nd 08, 11:05 PM Posted to sci.space.station,sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
SpaceX Launch Today

at 4:00 PM PDT, 6:00 Central....

Live Feed starting about 30 minutes ahead of time at

spacex.com

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Posted By Craig Fink
SpaceX Launch Today

at 4:00 PM PDT, 6:00 Central....

Live Feed starting about 30 minutes ahead of time at

spacex.com

--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Forum: Space Science Misc July 31st 08, 03:54 AM Posted to sci.space.moderated
Posted By Craig Fink
Saturn Ring Sample Return Mission?

Alain Fournier wrote:

Craig Fink wrote:
In article ,
Craig Fink wrote:

A planetary probe should be able to fly...
Forum: Policy July 6th 08, 12:42 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Craig Fink
Saturn Ring Sample Return Mission?

Martha Adams wrote:

wonder how this appeared in policy but my first attempt went to the
moderated group??

I posted to both the moderated and this group, and set the reply group to
the moderated...
Forum: Space Science Misc July 2nd 08, 01:55 PM Posted to sci.space.moderated
Posted By Craig Fink
Saturn Ring Sample Return Mission?

Pat Flannery wrote:

Alain Fournier wrote:

You can get some help by using gravity assists from Saturnian moons and
you can use some fancy high ISP propulsion (ion drives or what not)....
Forum: Space Science Misc July 2nd 08, 12:19 AM Posted to sci.space.moderated
Posted By Craig Fink
Saturn Ring Sample Return Mission?

Totorkon wrote:

On Apr 8, 9:21 pm, Craig Fink wrote:
A planetary probe should be able to fly in and sample Saturn's ring
material and analysis it and/or return a sample...