Search: Posts made by: Michael Dworetsky
Forum: Astronomy Misc May 14th 21, 09:39 AM Posted to sci.astro
Posted By Michael Dworetsky
Cecilia Payne-Gaposhkin in the news

Two giant tunnelling machines are starting work on a 10-mile tunnel
under the Chiltern Hills in England for the new High-Speed 2 rail line
from London to Birmingham, Manchester, and Leeds.

The...
Forum: Astronomy Misc February 7th 21, 01:04 PM Posted to sci.astro
Posted By Michael Dworetsky
Gravity

On 05/02/2021 15:22, Elassoto wrote:
Gravity is strange. We are constantly being accelerated outward from the
Earth at 1G (of course). This means that we are being constantly being
sucked into...