Search: Posts made by: John N. Gretchen III
Forum: Astro Pictures November 21st 09, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: m33

thanks Kev!

Kev Lawrence wrote:
"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in message
24x5 minutes
Intes-Micro M73 and QHY8

Kev Lawrence wrote:
"John N. Gretchen III" wrote in message
24x5 minutes
Intes-Micro M73 and QHY8

Forum: Astro Pictures November 20th 09, 11:04 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: m33

24x5 minutes
Intes-Micro M73 and QHY8
--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

Thanks Stefan! yes I still have the wide field scope.... need more time
to image though

Stefan Lilge wrote:
Great image John. Very good detail, especially considering that this galaxy
doesn't...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 31st 09, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ngc908

21x5 minutes
at8rc &st2000xm
--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

anyone know what happened to ITE, iteastronomy.com ?
--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

looks very good Stefan

Stefan Lilge wrote:
Recently I couldn't resist to buy a GSO 6" Ritchey Chretien at a special
price.
I have some tilt in the system with stars being progressively off...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 3rd 09, 02:41 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: UGC 1117

Thanks Stefan, no reducer just the Astro-Tech field flattener

Stefan Lilge wrote:
Beautiful picture John, and thanks for the update on the name ;-)

Did you use a reducer?

Stefan

Forum: Astro Pictures September 1st 09, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ngc7234 & PK 103+ 0.1

12x4 minutes
AT8RC and QHY8
--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

9x5 minutes
AT8RC and QHY8
--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

aka M33 :)
24x5 minutes
AT8RC and QHY8
--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

24x5 minutes
AT8RC and QHY8
half scale wide,
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/ngc253_half.jpg
full scale wide,
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/ngc253_full.jpg
--
John N. Gretchen III
Forum: Astro Pictures August 24th 09, 05:45 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

4x4 minutes
AT8RC and QHY8
half scale color,
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/ngc404_half.jpg
--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3

Nice work Marty! good to hear from you

Martin C Germano wrote:
8" f5 Newtonian reflector
Camera: ST-8XME, self-guided, binned 1x1, temp -20c, camera control MaxIm
DL 4.56
Image: Lumicon...
Forum: Astro Pictures August 8th 09, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
ASTRO: M94

great job Stefan!

Stefan Lilge wrote:
I wanted to image something really bright with my QHY8 camera, so I chose
M94. Of course not all parts of M94 are bright, but the central part sure
Forum: Astro Pictures October 21st 08, 10:17 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ic1848

forgot I had already shot this this year....
8x15 minutes
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8
cropped and reduced 50%
full crop...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 19th 08, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ic1613

6x20 minutes
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/ic1613_full_crop.jpg

Designations: IC1613, Caldwell C51, The...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 17th 08, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: m30

60x60seconds
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 ccd camera
cropped and reduced 50%
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/m30_half_crop.jpg
full size...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 15th 08, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ic1396

Thanks Joe,
Full size is 3040x2018, this was cropped to 2707x1936.

J McBride wrote:
Very nice. How much do you crop out of your images?

Joe

Forum: Astro Pictures October 15th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ic1396

26x300 seconds
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 ccd camera
cropped and reduced 50%
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/observatory/ic1396_half_crop.jpg
full size...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 11th 08, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ic1805

24x300 seconds
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 ccd camera
cropped and reduced 50%
full size...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 08, 01:07 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ngc457

ngc436 upper right and Sh 2-188 on the left
30x120 seconds
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 ccd camera
cropped and reduced 50%

--
John N. Gretchen...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 9th 08, 02:07 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: ic342

19x240 seconds
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 ccd camera
cropped and reduced 50%

--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3
Forum: Astro Pictures October 7th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
astro: sh2-223

This guy is MUCH dimmer that I thought it would be...
30x240 seconds
Intes-Micro M73 (7" F3 custom astrograph)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8 ccd camera
cropped and reduced 50%

--
John N....
Forum: Astro Pictures October 7th 08, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
ASTRO: An old NGC 1491

interesting detail

Rick Johnson wrote:
I took this 2 years ago. It was the second color image I processed with
Photoshop CS (maybe third my records are vague). So It is in dire need
or...