Search: Posts made by: Craig Cocca
Forum: Space Shuttle September 22nd 06, 06:48 AM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
Shuttle Pass at 5:50 AM

George Evans wrote:
I just made a naked eye observation of ISS and Shuttle pass. My location is
in Southern California. ISS was steady, Atlantis "appeared" to be tumbling
with two regular...
Forum: Space Shuttle August 3rd 06, 10:27 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
ET Ascent Heating from SRBs

Hello All,

The SRB cams from STS-121 clearly showed how "charred" the aft dome of
the ET gets from the SRB exhaust during first stage ascent. Does anyone
know the specific details of how hot the ET...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 20th 06, 06:32 AM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
Best places to watch launch online?

John H. wrote:

I wish my cable provider carried it, I'd save some serious bucks, the only
reason I have Dish is to get
NTV. With JPL only 10 miles from my house, you'd think they might have...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 20th 06, 05:40 AM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
Are the comms to the shuttle actually digital or analog?

Dac wrote:
Because they sure seem scratchy? Is this just added for effect? Why don't
they go digital? I am guessing because the voice coms are some sort of

The voice comm system on the shuttle...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 19th 06, 09:09 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
orbiter maneuvering

Andrey Serbinenko wrote:
That's during the approach -- this I understand. My question was more about
maneuvering while still going at a very high speed.

Actually, the Orbiter has quite a bit...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 8th 06, 11:32 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
Worry over SRBs

Kim Keller wrote:
Many, many interesting things snip : )

Kim, thank for the great reply to my earlier message. I hadn't
thought of many of the issues that you brought up, such as...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 8th 06, 11:03 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
How many Shuttle flights planned?

Captain DILLIGAF wrote:
Anybody know how many shuttle flights are planned
if everything goes OK with the safety upgrades?

I have heard they will all be for the ISS just curious if
any other...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 8th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
Feed on the blink again

Brian Gaff wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
they really need to replace that hamster in the wheel on the nasa tv
feed, I think

I think the outages on NASA TV may be the result of the new,...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 8th 06, 07:27 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
Worry over SRBs

wrote:
I am most concerned with the SRBs. If one of these fails not only is
the Shuttle
finished so is Ares 1. I believe that one should be able to shut down
a...
Forum: Space Shuttle July 8th 06, 05:52 PM Posted to sci.space.shuttle
Posted By Craig Cocca
white smoke/trail

Rich wrote:
Saw a footage of liftoff last July 4th. When the boosters separated
from external tank, did the shuttle's engine take over or had it been
running since launch? There is no...