Search: Posts made by: Elassoto
Forum: Astronomy Misc May 11th 21, 03:43 PM
Posted By Elassoto
True. So there are two types of acceleration. It...

True.

So there are two types of acceleration. It can be caused by attraction, such as magnetism, gravity, suction, etc. It can also be caused by being pushed, as in a car or rocket.

The sensation...
Forum: Astronomy Misc February 5th 21, 04:22 PM
Posted By Elassoto
Gravity

Gravity is strange. We are constantly being accelerated outward from the Earth at 1G (of course). This means that we are being constantly being sucked into a spacetime "vortex", and being held back...
Forum: Astro Pictures December 22nd 20, 05:34 PM
Posted By Elassoto
Smile Great Conjunction

The best I could get. Please one-up me.
Forum: Astronomy Misc February 23rd 17, 03:44 PM
Posted By Elassoto
Space telescopes are having trouble seeing...

Space telescopes are having trouble seeing planets next to brighter stars. It sounds like stellar coronagraphs can only help so much, but why? Is light still getting around the the stellar...
Forum: Research August 27th 13, 01:36 PM
Posted By Elassoto
Fundamental Questions

Can someone answer a couple of simple physics questions?

When you are going up at a steady rate in an elevator, do you weigh more?

If you are at a high altitude, for example the top of Mt....
Forum: Astronomy Misc January 19th 12, 05:09 PM
Posted By Elassoto
Thank you for that excellent information and...

Thank you for that excellent information and article. I hope that JWST makes some nice discoveries for us.
Forum: Astronomy Misc January 13th 12, 04:39 PM
Posted By Elassoto
Exoplanet Discoveries

The Kepler telescope is discovering many planets by searching for changes in a star's brightness when a planet transits across the face of a star. However, with that method of observing planets, we...