Search: Posts From Last Day
The star of Bethlehem by Gerald Kelleher
I am a Christian astronomer so it interests me only in the fact that no such information on location can be ascertained from a star rising in the East or any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Today 02:33 AM
by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn Go to last post
15 87 Amateur Astronomy
46P, can't see by StarDust
I live in the city, major light pollution, could not see 46P with my 80mm APO, mounted on NexStar GT goto. I know my GOTO points to the right location. I slew...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Today 02:20 AM
by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn Go to last post
31 189 Amateur Astronomy
BFS drops composite construction by Fred J. McCall[_3_]
I saw a report today that SpaceX was dropping composites for tanks and main structure on BFS in favor of using "heavy metal" (Musk's phrase). It's unclear why...
Today 01:28 AM
by Fred J. McCall[_3_] Go to last post
5 75 Policy
It's Autumn in the Northwest ... by Double-A[_4_]
Partly cloudy here in Gresham and a nice autumnal 65F as of 2:30. Wind NW at 6 mph. Humidity 45%. Library still too hot! Double-A
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 10:40 PM
by Double-A[_4_] Go to last post
107 600 Misc
dark matter hypothesis by No Name
aIs it possible that the missing mass, the 'dark matter', consists of two generations of burned out stars? These would be short lifetimes, hence large...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 10:19 PM
by Eric Flesch Go to last post
13 181 Research
gravity, Hubble, negative mass and Dr. Farnes by [email protected]
An isotropic Universe is defined as having each subdivision of its volume containing equal amounts of every constituent endemic to that Universe. The matter...
Yesterday 09:41 PM
by Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn Go to last post
1 54 Astronomy Misc
Lat/Long and timekeeping system for Mars by Gerald Kelleher
It took many, many millions of years for life on Earth to adapt to the 24 hour cycle notwithstanding the annual day/night cycle. The same system which applies...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 04:07 PM
by Paul Schlyter[_3_] Go to last post
89 523 Amateur Astronomy
China mission launches to far side of Moon by StarDust
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46471668 So, what's on the Moon what we still don't know?
Yesterday 07:55 AM
by StarDust Go to last post
3 342 Amateur Astronomy
The Center of the Universe... HA by tesla sTinker[_2_]
no one answered against this truth. But it certainly has a Creator. And you would have to make the word universe, universes In order to map them. Yet, you...
Yesterday 07:26 AM
by Daniel60 Go to last post
1 128 Misc