Forum: Research March 23rd 17, 10:22 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
NET Angular Momentum of Globular cluster of stars

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 1:18:55 PM UTC-7, Steve Willner wrote:
In article ,
writes:
Is the NET angular...
Forum: Research March 19th 17, 10:03 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
NET Angular Momentum of Globular cluster of stars

OK, so far great, close to zero net angular momentum in a globular or
elliptical. Please keep in mind I'm attempting to march down a Gedanken
path, and am not proposing anything that is likely....
Forum: Research March 19th 17, 08:31 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Single vs Double hot spots for BH Jets? (e.g. Pictor A)

OK, decades since I've crunched some of these equations, so thanks for
the refresher.

How about this example:

at (0,0,0) I have a SMBH at the center of a galaxy.

The galaxy is purely a disk of...
Forum: Research March 1st 17, 09:42 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Single vs Double hot spots for BH Jets? (e.g. Pictor A)

I should mention, regarding the rain idea I'm studying, that if matter is s=
hot out of a galaxy along the axis of rotation by BH jet activity, and it s=
ubsequenty "rain's" back down onto the...
Forum: Research February 20th 17, 07:50 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Single vs Double hot spots for BH Jets? (e.g. Pictor A)

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 7:45:27 AM UTC-8, Martin Brown wrote:
On 06/02/2017 05:56, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 9:06:13 AM UTC-8, Martin Brown...
Forum: Research February 20th 17, 07:50 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Cosmic Energy Budget, vs time

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 9:18:20 PM UTC-8, Phillip Helbig (undress t=
o reply) wrote:
In article ,
writes:
Forum: Research February 13th 17, 09:30 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Cosmic Energy Budget, vs time

Questions (below) relate to total energy (sum of terms) in this paper:

In the paper, "The Cosmic Energy Inventory" Fukugita / Peebles, They
created a list of all known forms of energy within the...
Forum: Research January 23rd 17, 10:45 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Quasar brightness lower bound, real or my error?

On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 10:04:26 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 10:37:20 AM UTC-5, Phillip Helbig
(undress to reply) wrote:

{snip}

From...
Forum: Research January 23rd 17, 10:45 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Single vs Double hot spots for BH Jets? (e.g. Pictor A)

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:44:02 AM UTC-8, Martin Brown wrote:
On 19/01/2017 03:53, wrote:
Example object, Pictor A
Forum: Research December 28th 16, 09:24 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
How to get scope time to obtain 7 spectra?

Is there any path anyone knows for me to get some scope time to take
some spectra and determine what 7 targets around an interacting galaxy
pair are? They are blue, so, probably O B stars???...
Forum: Research December 27th 16, 09:39 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
What is this galaxy?

Anyone know what kind of galaxy this galaxy might be?

http://skyserver.sdss.org/dr13/en/tools/chart/navi.aspx?ra=186.9189&dec=13.076

It has a ring around the central bulge, but no apparent black...
Forum: Research December 26th 16, 10:26 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Galactic massive BH photon consumption vs Galactic center flux?

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 1:03:35 PM UTC-8, Steve Willner wrote:
In article ,
Steven Carlip writes:
In GR, an observer at rest...
Forum: Research December 26th 16, 10:26 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Angular separation vs separation distance with increasing z?

Suppose two objects are separated on the sky by 1 arc minute, and I can
move them in or out in z as a test example....

Then, as I look out to higher z normally I would think the separation
distance...
Forum: Research December 24th 16, 10:15 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
AGN Luminosity Function as f(z)

On Sunday, December 18, 2016 at 1:31:41 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 10:10:12 AM UTC-5, wrote:

Jeanta, thanks for these links. Lots...
Forum: Research December 24th 16, 10:15 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
L_Universe due to SNII Neutrinos = 322 * L_Universe?

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 12:52:12 PM UTC-8,
wrote:

[Moderator's note: Inappropriate comments deleted. -P.H.]

I doubt it. Core collapse SNe are exceedingly rare in...
Forum: Research December 24th 16, 10:14 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Redshift when CBR energy density = energy density of all other radiation

Hmm ... then why haven't you included the CNB (cosmic neutrino
background)?

As mentioned in other posts, Ross wants the amount of electromagnetic
energy produced as a function of...
Forum: Research December 24th 16, 10:14 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Reionization Energy or Universe Mass Budget

[Moderator's note: Reformatted. PLEASE limit unquoted lines to 72
characters or so! -P.H.]

I haven't figured out how to calculate this value, should be simple so
I'm just missing something I...
Forum: Research December 17th 16, 03:10 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Redshift when CBR energy density = energy density of all other radiation

On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 1:09:29 PM UTC-8, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
In article ,
writes:
Forum: Research December 17th 16, 03:10 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
AGN Luminosity Function as f(z)

Hello,

I've so far not found any values for numbers of active galaxies vs
normal galaxies across time. What percentage of galaxies go through an
active phase? I would expect that most galaxies...
Forum: Research December 12th 16, 09:03 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
R(t) for Observable_Today, Universe for early universe ages

I want to determine the radius vs time for the universe (observable
today) but using universe ages starting with age =3D 0.721 Gyr and
moving forward in Gyr increments. Ned Wright's calculator...
Forum: Research December 12th 16, 09:02 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Universe Luminosity Function and CBR energy density evolution?

So, you're saying Rho_E_today * (1 + 1)^4 = 16 Rho_E_today

is equal to the cbr energy density at redshift z = 1.

So, the energy density today is 1/16 th of the energy density back...
Forum: Research December 11th 16, 08:44 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Evidence for a static universe

FWIW....see slide 38 of 56 showing raw data with time dilation.

http://www.astro.caltech.edu/~george/ay1/lec_pdf/Ay1_Lec19.pdf

Goldhaber et al paper

rt
Forum: Research December 11th 16, 09:35 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Redshift when CBR energy density = energy density of all other radiation

I'm working to assemble a table / graph for the Luminosity of the
universe as a function of age of the universe.

I think these are the only sources of consequence (did I miss anything
important...
Forum: Research November 26th 16, 06:05 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Number of Stars in Universe as f(age of universe)?

Using the currently observable universe, how many stars have existed as
a function of age of the universe?

ie, at universe age 0.721 Gyr, 1.721 Gyr....to present 13.721 Gyr, how
many stars existed...
Forum: Research October 29th 16, 10:22 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Posted By [email protected]
Galaxy mass, gas vs stars?

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 2:17:45 PM UTC-7, Steve Willner wrote:
In article ,
"Richard D. Saam" writes:
What if other...