Search: Posts made by: TheCroW
Forum: Astro Pictures March 2nd 08, 12:09 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: sunspot animation

Some of you have seen the animated GIF allready. But made it now also in AVI
and placed it on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xmOPM9O1-4
It's sunspot 953 from April/May 2007. Shot with a...
Forum: Astro Pictures February 25th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: To Boris

First of all: cool first light of your camera :-)

Second: I took the liberty of making your big BMP to a small JPG. Way easier
to download and no (noticeable) degrading of the image.

Third: when...
Forum: Astro Pictures February 15th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: tip for those who don't know this: NASA Live TV

Oh did forget: there are more links for different viewers:

For RealPlayer: http://www.nasa.gov/ram/35037main_portal.ram

Audio only (RealAudio):...
Forum: Astro Pictures February 15th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: tip for those who don't know this: NASA Live TV

Long time no posting here but still lurking and enjoying all the
photographs!!

Here a tip. Most of you allready know probably but for those who don't...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 25th 07, 08:17 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO:Help me, Help you.

Why post this? I mean, I can imagine you mention your site/program when
it's
finished ...
Um, it's not my website nor do I run or manage it. I was given this link
by another AA guy. I...
Forum: Astro Pictures November 23rd 07, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO:Help me, Help you.

Web page says it all:

If you are a professional or amateur astronomer and you've ever had an
image of the sky whose location or coordinates you did not know-or did not
trust-then...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 30th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: 17P/Holmes ... different way of stacking makes all the difference!

My previous posting of Holmes was a stack of 34 JPG and after the stacking I
did proces the image. But now I first did proces the photographs and then
did the stack them. And that looks so much...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 30th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: Finally my 17P/Holmes catch! -- Question

Question: the star that is just out of the middle of Holmes ... is it a star
or is it the nucleus?

Menno
Forum: Astro Pictures October 30th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: Finally my 17P/Holmes catch!

Ok, finally some clear skies here. Not for long but managed to take 34 shots
of Holmes and stacked them manualy. My scope is on a EQ2 mount and no motor
so to be honest, I am rather pleased with...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 24th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: Vallis Schroter + 40 piece Lunar mosaic

Shot on Oktober 23th 2007. Condition were somewhat okay. Lot's of clouds and
suddenly clear, so started shooting. But after 40 shots the clouds returned
.... and no more clearings. That's why the...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 16th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: High contrast moon

Thanx!! :-)
You the same Hawkeye as from the 3D newsgroups?

Menno

excellent! beautiful w. great detail contrast.

TheCroW wrote:

Yep, still around ;-) Lot of leeching though, seeing all...
Forum: Astro Pictures October 10th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: Completely OT but kind of fun....

an honest 140,,,

I presume that is in miles? Thnink so, cause 140 kilometers per hour isn't
that fast and/or impressive :-)

Menno
Forum: Astro Pictures September 27th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: High contrast moon

Yep, still around ;-) Lot of leeching though, seeing all those great
photographs!! :-)

For my scope nothing much to see/photograph last fe months: moon is too
low as are the planets...
Forum: Astro Pictures September 27th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: High contrast moon

Thanx Joe! Conditions were very good that night :-)

Menno

That is one sharp image. The mountains are 3-D.

Joe

Forum: Astro Pictures September 27th 07, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: High contrast moon

Thanx! Danke! Bedankt! ;-)

Menno

Nice like it!
As we say in holland : mooie foto!

gr
Dirk
Forum: Astro Pictures September 27th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: High contrast moon

Yep, still around ;-) Lot of leeching though, seeing all those great
photographs!! :-)

For my scope nothing much to see/photograph last fe months: moon is too low
as are the planets and in wrong...
Forum: Astro Pictures August 4th 07, 08:33 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: lack of posts???

I can only see 5 posts on this group, is this right???

Are we all having bad weather, or am i not picking up all the posts??

Paul

It's been quiet lately ... latest image posting is done on...
Forum: Astro Pictures July 18th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: No astro, bad weather (so OT freaky storm/front photograph)

That looks like a typical shelf cloud, a gust front that can form at the
leading edge of a supercell thunder storm. We saw them all the time in
Nebraska, they are not as common up here in...
Forum: Astro Pictures July 18th 07, 05:13 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: No astro, bad weather (so OT freaky storm/front photograph)

Yep, that's typical of the kind of weather we get here in tornado alley
from time to time. Did you see the images of the dust storm that rolled
into Phoenix, Arizona?

Forum: Astro Pictures July 17th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: No astro, bad weather (so OT freaky storm/front photograph)

Bad, bad weather for a while now here in Holland, so no looking at the
nightskies here.

Yesterday was the worst: (and here comes the OT part ;-) ) I was looking
out my windows, the sky was...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 21st 07, 09:37 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: 5.5 day old moon (RAW mosaic)

Been ill for a few weeks, not much star/moon gazing. But almost better now
and did some shots yesterday. This is a mosaic (smaller version) build out
of 19 RAW photographs, enhanced...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 10th 07, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: Lunar video experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3auiOdA4b8c

A Lunar video experiment, first timer. Used the 26 part mosaic for it.

--
Menno
=====================

Okay, here again a real color image of the moon. Used the set or 26 RAW
images from 24th of May again to make the mosaic. First enhanced the
colors on each RAW and then stiched together....
Forum: Astro Pictures June 3rd 07, 01:03 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: Sun Note (active)

I take it everyone's noted the new spot on spaceweather.com?

(No pick from me at mo, I've sprained my arm I use to lug the scope about)

Kev

Yep and it looks great :-)
Attached image is...
Forum: Astro Pictures June 3rd 07, 11:33 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By TheCroW
ASTRO: Real colors of the moon again

Okay, here again a real color image of the moon. Used the set or 26 RAW
images from 24th of May again to make the mosaic. First enhanced the colors
on each RAW and then stiched together. More info...