Search: Posts From Last Day
The star of Bethlehem by Gerald Kelleher
I am a Christian astronomer so it interests me only in the fact that no such information on location can be ascertained from a star rising in the East or any...
Today 09:22 AM
by Gerald Kelleher Go to last post
0 6 Amateur Astronomy
China mission launches to far side of Moon by StarDust
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46471668 So, what's on the Moon what we still don't know?
Today 07:55 AM
by StarDust Go to last post
3 261 Amateur Astronomy
46P, can't see by StarDust
I live in the city, major light pollution, could not see 46P with my 80mm APO, mounted on NexStar GT goto. I know my GOTO points to the right location. I slew...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Today 07:53 AM
by StarDust Go to last post
13 111 Amateur Astronomy
Lat/Long and timekeeping system for Mars by Gerald Kelleher
It took many, many millions of years for life on Earth to adapt to the 24 hour cycle notwithstanding the annual day/night cycle. The same system which applies...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Today 07:29 AM
by Paul Schlyter[_3_] Go to last post
87 503 Amateur Astronomy
The Center of the Universe... HA by tesla sTinker[_2_]
no one answered against this truth. But it certainly has a Creator. And you would have to make the word universe, universes In order to map them. Yet, you...
Today 07:26 AM
by Daniel60 Go to last post
1 46 Misc
BFS drops composite construction by Fred J. McCall[_3_]
I saw a report today that SpaceX was dropping composites for tanks and main structure on BFS in favor of using "heavy metal" (Musk's phrase). It's unclear why...
Today 06:53 AM
by Fred J. McCall[_3_] Go to last post
0 7 Policy
sundial at South Pole by Gerald Kelleher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnuLTeHB3yU There is only one day/night cycle at the South Pole with Polar noon in 3 weeks on the Solstice. The residual daily...
Yesterday 10:47 PM
by Gerald Kelleher Go to last post
2 466 Amateur Astronomy
Einsteinians: We Know General Relativity Is Not Right by Pentcho Valev
Sean Carroll: "We know general relativity is not right" https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=WL&v=FgpvCxDL7q4 "Not right" is a euphemism - Einstein's general...
Yesterday 07:52 PM
by Pentcho Valev Go to last post
1 65 Astronomy Misc
LIGO's Neutron-Star-Merger Event: Fake More Than Obvious by Pentcho Valev
"On 8:41 am EDT August 17, 2017, LIGO detected a new gravitational wave source, dubbed GW170817 to mark its discovery date. Just two seconds later NASA's Fermi...
Yesterday 02:56 PM
by Pentcho Valev Go to last post
3 192 Astronomy Misc
Lat/Long system for Mars continued by Gerald Kelleher
When Gemma Frisius first proposed the use of timekeeping to locate geographical locations on Earth in 1530, it took a number of centuries to get the scheme...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 02:16 PM
by Gerald Kelleher Go to last post
15 415 Amateur Astronomy
The Second Law of Thermodynamics: Obviously False by Pentcho Valev
Here is vigorous motion of water in an electric field, obviously able to produce work - e.g. by rotating a waterwheel: "The Formation of the Floating Water...
Yesterday 02:02 PM
by Pentcho Valev Go to last post
2 257 Astronomy Misc