Search: Posts made by: David Spain
Forum: Policy May 12th 21, 03:28 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
B1051 flies, and is recovered, for the 10th time

On 2021-05-10 7:11 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
I have no doubt that SpaceX will iterate Raptor into a reliable engine.
Starship and Super Heavy are still under development, but they too are
using...
Forum: History May 5th 21, 11:53 PM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By David Spain
SN15 Hop

This whole article is a spoiler, else it wouldn't be here.

It appears SN15 successfully competed it's hop. As of 5:50pm CDT anyway.

Congratulations to SpaceX. This is historic. The next major...
Forum: Policy May 5th 21, 11:47 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN15 Hop Test Spoiler Alert

My only complaint was that it doesn't appear SpaceX offered their own
live video feed this time. Video on this flight was pretty jagged,
at least on the NasaSpaceFlight.com YouTube website. Very...
Forum: Policy May 5th 21, 11:44 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN15 Hop Test Spoiler Alert

So far so good.

What I thought might have been a fire at the base of the rocket, might
have been an intentional methane flare off. The computer I was watching
it from didn't have audio. Anyway about...
Forum: Policy May 5th 21, 10:46 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN15 Hop Test

May only be 15 minutes away. Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPNvB5ComFw

Dave
Forum: Policy April 30th 21, 07:06 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN15 Hop Attempt This Afternoon

Scrubbed for today. No reason given at the time of this writing.

Dave
Forum: Policy April 30th 21, 04:49 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN15 Hop Attempt This Afternoon

SpaceX is going for a hop test on SN15 this afternoon, weather
permitting. Should be interesting. Lots of overcast clouds so there will
be transition periods of poor visibility during ascent and...
Forum: Policy April 30th 21, 03:13 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
10 grams of push of PNN SUB321N !

"Greg (Strider) Moore" writes:

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

In article...
Forum: History April 29th 21, 06:34 PM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By David Spain
RIP Chris Kraft 2/28/1924 - 7/22/2019

Clutterfreak writes:

What did he die of?

The exact details of cause of death were never released. But given his
age at the time of his death and his bio I'd say...
Forum: History April 28th 21, 07:01 PM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By David Spain
RIP Michael Collins 10/31/30 - 4/28/21

Meant to include link from NASA:

https://www.nasa.gov/michael-collins
Forum: History April 28th 21, 06:48 PM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By David Spain
RIP Michael Collins 10/31/30 - 4/28/21

“Today the nation lost a true pioneer and lifelong advocate for
exploration in astronaut Michael Collins. As pilot of the Apollo 11
command module – some called him ‘the loneliest man in...
Forum: Policy April 9th 21, 06:25 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN11 - One hop wonder

On 2021-03-30 10:06 AM, David Spain wrote:
Also I remain somewhat concerned about the plumbing of a methalox
rocket. The SpaceX video upon ascent shows what appear to be some
evidence of...
Forum: Policy April 9th 21, 06:19 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
Mars One is not feasible

But what about Mars Two, Three, Four.... ?

:-)

Dave
Forum: Policy April 9th 21, 06:14 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
New Warp Drive Model Requires No ?Exotic Matter,? Scientists SayWe Can Build It

On 2021-04-09 1:06 PM, David Spain wrote:

"NEW WARP DRIVE MODEL REQUIRES NO 'EXOTIC MATTER', SCIENTISTS SAY WE CAN
BUILD IT WE JUST CANNOT MEASURE IT".

Measure twice, cut once vs. Measure...
Forum: Policy April 9th 21, 06:06 PM Posted to sci.space.policy

On 2021-04-01 10:09 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Feasible? Or just more dreamware?

The...
Forum: Policy March 30th 21, 03:06 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN11 - One hop wonder

It goeth, it cometh, it go bloeyth.

Well put it this way, we saw a lot of mist, some fire behind this mist,
some short video feeds from SpaceX showing three, then two, then one
Raptor firing. Then...
Forum: Policy March 30th 21, 01:49 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
When hop? SN11 test flight today.

On 3/29/2021 12:18 PM, Snidely wrote:
/dps

--
"First thing in the morning, before I have coffee, I read the obits, If
I'm not in it, I'll have breakfast." -- Carl Reiner, to CBS News in...
Posted By David Spain
When hop? SN11 test flight today.

On 3/29/2021 8:08 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

LIVE: Starship SN11 Test Flight, Scheduled for Mar 29, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCUGKZFIcxk

From NasaSpaceFlight.com:

Forum: Policy March 25th 21, 11:03 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SN10

On 3/25/2021 4:30 PM, Alain Fournier wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about what caused the premature relaunch of
SN10. Relaunches are usually after much more than a few minutes or
within a...
Forum: Policy March 19th 21, 06:49 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
New booster reuse record set this morning

On 3/18/2021 10:17 PM, Snidely wrote:
On Thursday, Greg (Strider) Moore yelped out that:
"David Spain"* wrote in message news:[email protected] ...
Well the current record is SN10 at...
Forum: Policy March 18th 21, 06:54 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
New booster reuse record set this morning

On 3/17/2021 9:08 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

As I recall, their record is of roughly 1 month turn around, and...
Forum: History March 10th 21, 04:59 PM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By David Spain
The Passing Of Alan McDonald

On 3/10/2021 7:02 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:

Sad that NASA didn't quite learned the bigger lesson of normalizing the
deviance leading to the Columbia disaster.

Jeff

Sad but true. As had...
Forum: Policy March 10th 21, 01:27 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
Russia and China agree to build joint lunar space station

" writes:

Russia, which sent the first man into space during the Soviet Union, has
been lagging behind Washington and Beijing in the exploration of...
Forum: History March 10th 21, 01:18 AM Posted to sci.space.history
Posted By David Spain
The Passing Of Alan McDonald

When it is more important to leave something unsigned...

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/07/974534021/remembering-allan-mcdonald-he-refused-to-approve-challenger-launch-exposed-cover

Alan McDonald...
Forum: Policy March 7th 21, 03:04 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By David Spain
SpaceX SN10

On 2021-03-04 4:14 PM, Snidely wrote:

It looked to me like the exhaust of one of the engines was more yellow
than the others.

/dps

Yes it appears to have been running fuel rich....