Search: Posts made by: Rick Johnson[_3_]
Forum: Astro Pictures May 30th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: NGC 4565

Stefan Lilge wrote:

I have quite a lot of data waiting to be processed from the first half of
May, but most of it is either not really good or has some problems that make
it difficult to...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 30th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: M13 - QHY2Pro First Light

Gordan wrote:

Recently I made first (test) shots with my chinese QHY2Pro CCD camera.
Here is M13, a 100 secs single shot, only through UV-IR cut filter.
Location: Cakovec, Croatia, Europe.
Forum: Astro Pictures May 30th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
Sh2-254 through Sh2-258

I'm just now processing images like this one. At the time I had a light
leak in my system that put some nasty patterns across the image. The
leak was in the flats not the image itself. I'm just...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 29th 08, 06:28 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
Sh2-254 through Sh2-258

Left to right they a Sh2-258, Sh2-255 (also known as IC 2162),
Sh2-257, Sh2-256 and Sh2-254 the biggest but faintest of the bunch. I
used no H-alpha for this. I probably should have. Most...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 26th 08, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
astro: bees!!

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

honey bees have invaded my observatory!

http://www.tisd.net/~jng3/bees/

Sweet

Up here so many hives died over winter from some unknown cause the
beekeepers are...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 25th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
Astro: Sh2-171

Well part of it anyway. I'd need a heck of a lot of frames to get it
all. Many of the interesting "Pillars of Creation" in this guy are out
of frame. Hints of some can be seen on the left. The...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 25th 08, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
astro: m12

John N. Gretchen III wrote:
8x120 seconds
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron CI-700 Mount w/Gemini
QHY8
full moon

Forum: Astro Pictures May 21st 08, 03:30 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: LUNA 2008 05 12 - moon20080512_MJA.jpg (1/1)

Milton Aupperle wrote:
Excellent sharp image with great contrast management as well across the
image. Seamless mosaic.

Rick

--
Correct domain name is arvig and it is net not com. Prefix is...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 20th 08, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Danilo Pivato wrote:
Hi all

I'm pleased to present the globular clustr M92 in Hercules.
The image accompanied by a graphic map:
Forum: Astro Pictures May 20th 08, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: M53 back after a near death experience

I'd thought I'd imaged M53 but never could find the data. I even
planned on taking it a couple months ago but clouds rolled in before I
could start the run. Still cleaning the hard drive I found...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 20th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: Boller Chivens astrophots?

jerry warner wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find astrophotos taken with
a 24" Boller Chivens cassegrain. Anything. Maybe somebody
knows of something.
Thanks,
Forum: Astro Pictures May 18th 08, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: NGC7535

I'd taken the luminosity on this guy two years ago. I remembered (or
thought I did) taking color data the following year. I couldn't find
it. So figured I was wrong. But with nothing to image...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 18th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: Deep into NGC 3077

Doug W. wrote:
Very cool Rick... I wish I could get a break here... was out tonight and it
looked great clear and 1.8" stars... then clouded out after the first sub...
dang!

Welcome to...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 17th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: NGC 5985, 5982, 5981

Stefan Lilge wrote:

The well known galaxy trio in Draco was my second target for my recent
outing to good skies a bit northwest of Berlin.
Stars look strange in the right half of the picture,...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 17th 08, 08:03 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: Deep into NGC 3077

Again, moonlight thwarted what I really wanted to do with this object.
It has lots of outlying star clusters forming from gas and dust ripped
from this galaxy in its collision with M81 and M82. I...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 16th 08, 04:23 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: 21 minutes of total darkness

J McBride wrote:
I looked it up on Moonrise and the Moon sets at 3:57am and astronomical
twlight begins at 4:18am from my location here in MI. Not a lot of time to
shoot deepsky. It cleared...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 13th 08, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: M88

Looking back at last year's data trying to find moon damaged shots I'd
not processed I found a directory labeled MISC. I was surprised to find
several nights of imaging that somehow had their...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 13th 08, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: the Lagoon is back - M8_5May2008.jpg (0/1) - NGC4565_crop_02NN12.JPG(1/1)

Robert Price wrote:
Attached is a redo of my NGC4565 that a
friend of mine did using noise ninja.

Photoshop can do a much better job apparently of getting rid of noise.
I've not used noise...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 12th 08, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: M106 reprocessed with H-alpha added

When I tried to turn it down the jets vanished suddenly. Think I need
more LUM data to balance the H-alpha which was very strong in the
H-alpha filter. I was really surprised how strong the HII...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 12th 08, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: the Lagoon is back - M8_5May2008.jpg (0/1)

Robert Price wrote:

Taken about 4-5 AM from a farm just south of Blueknob State Park on 5
May 2008.
Taken with an NP-127 at F/5.2. Three 20 minute exposures using a
Hutech modified Canon...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 12th 08, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
astro: m13

John N. Gretchen III wrote:

8x240 seconds
Intes MK-69 (6" f/6 Mak-Cass 900mm fl)
Celestron CI-700 Mount (don't cringe Richard)
QHY8

I have been working too much to image much, I did...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 12th 08, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: NGC 4051 colour

That's one from my to-do list. I didn't get to it last spring and
weather has me so backlogged for this year it won't get done this year
either.

The dark site picture looks good. How's it...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 12th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: M106 from Mt Amiata

Danilo Pivato wrote:

Hi all,

a new shots of the galaxy M106 made Flat Field Camera 760/4
and ccd ST-10XME unfiltered. Exposed 12x600seconds.
I 've measured a value background of 882 adu a...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 11th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: Arp 94

After a couple of non Arp galaxies (M106 and NGC 3079) that certainly
have peculiar aspects I'm returning to a few on Arp's list. We finally
had a short period of clear skies with the moon mostly...
Forum: Astro Pictures May 10th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Rick Johnson[_3_]
ASTRO: M106 reprocessed with H-alpha added

When I processed this one last year I was deep in my "blue period". The
outer parts came out way too blue. So I decided to redo it what with
all the clouds here leaving me little else to work on...