Search: Posts made by: Tom Kuiper[_2_]
Forum: FITS October 25th 10, 08:22 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Tom Kuiper[_2_]
[fitsbits] Start of the Green Bank Keyword Convention CommentPeriod

William Pence wrote:
Can you be more explicit? I only see one document listed on the Green
Bank convention page.

On http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/registry/sdfits.html
under
Full...
Forum: FITS June 25th 10, 07:53 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Tom Kuiper[_2_]
[fitsbits] CTYPEx in SDFITS

Dear all,

I ran a draft SDFITS-format file through the FITS File Verifier at
http://fits.gsfc.nasa.gov/fits_verify.html and I got errors for having
CTYPE1 ... CTYPE4 in the extension header. If I...
Forum: FITS June 22nd 10, 12:37 AM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Tom Kuiper[_2_]
[fitsbits] How to a column to a binary table?

I have a binary table extension. Is there a way to add a column so that
the table header is properly updated? Adding the new column to ColDefs
and...
Forum: FITS May 6th 09, 07:47 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Tom Kuiper[_2_]
[fitsbits] frequency definitions

Mike Nolan wrote:
FREQREST should be the line frequency, but some writers put it in as the
center of the band to make some piece of software happy: Some readers need it,
but if you're doing a...
Forum: FITS May 6th 09, 06:50 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Tom Kuiper[_2_]
[fitsbits] frequency definitions

Bob Garwood wrote:
Then you ask" What is the difference between FREQ-OBS and FREQREST?".
But I'm not sure what you mean by "FREQ-OBS". You should an equation
earlier (badly formatted in my...
Forum: FITS May 6th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Tom Kuiper[_2_]
[fitsbits] frequency definitions

Well, not specifically about dual sideband data but about radio spectral
line data in general. The best description of the relevant keywords
that I've found is in the NRAO AIPS++ documentation at...
Forum: FITS May 4th 09, 06:38 PM Posted to sci.astro.fits
Posted By Tom Kuiper[_2_]
[fitsbits] frequency definitions

I'd like to get it clear in my mind what the various frequency
definitions are. Is the following right?
If there is a place where all this is clearly laid ou, please refer me
to that.

CRVALx ...