Search: Posts made by: Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]
Forum: Research January 19th 20, 11:05 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
easy(?) cosmology question: what to integrate to get R(t)

When discussing Friedmann models, the usual approach is to start with
the Friedmann equation then express dr/dt as a function of R, Omega,
lambda, and so on, then re-arranging it to get an expression...
Forum: Research January 19th 20, 11:04 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Luminosity Evolution in Supernova Cosmology

In article , "Richard D.
Saam" writes:=20

Early-type Host Galaxies of Type Ia Supernovae. II. Evidence
for Luminosity Evolution in...
Forum: Research December 29th 19, 07:57 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
fourth "live post" from the Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics

In article , Jos
Bergervoet writes:

On 19/12/21 2:53 AM, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
No dark...
Forum: Research December 21st 19, 01:53 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
fourth "live post" from the Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics

The concluding talk on open problems in cosmology was given by Joe Silk.
I'll mention below a few things I found particularly interesting.

Although the standard cosmological model essentially fits...
Forum: Research December 20th 19, 06:46 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
third "livepost" from the Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics

There has been much discussion, including some here in this newgroup,
regarding the "tension" between various measurements of the Hubble
constant. In general, using the CMB (a somewhat more...
Forum: Research December 18th 19, 09:54 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
second "livepost" from the Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics

At most of the last few conferences I've been to, including this one,=20
there has been a talk pointing out that primordial black holes could make=20
up most or all of the (unknown, non-baryonic)...
Forum: Research December 17th 19, 05:47 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
"live post" from the Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics

A few weeks ago, fellow moderator Jonathan suggested that I "live-post"
from a conference, so I'll do so this week. He was actually thinking
about another conference next year (not sure if I shall...
Forum: Research November 12th 19, 08:39 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Is the Universe Younger than We Thought?

In article , Steve Willner
writes:

To the question in another message, I don't see why some local
perturbation -- presumably abnormally low...
Forum: Research October 20th 19, 01:52 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Is the Universe Younger than We Thought?

In article , (Steve
Willner) writes:

In article ,
"Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)"...
Forum: Research October 16th 19, 06:57 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Is the Universe Younger than We Thought?

In article , Jos Bergervoet
writes:

On 19/10/15 10:17 PM, Steve Willner wrote:
In article...
Forum: Research October 15th 19, 09:53 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Is the Universe Younger than We Thought?

In article , (Steve
Willner) writes:

Two additional preprints are at
https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.04869 and
Forum: Research September 24th 19, 09:00 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Is the Universe Younger than We Thought?

In article ,
Nicolaas Vroom writes:

Accordingly to this article:
Forum: Research August 23rd 19, 05:43 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
electronic-only publication at Astronomy and Astrophysics

In article , Steve Willner
writes:

In article ,
"Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)"...
Forum: Research July 29th 19, 08:26 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
electronic-only publication at Astronomy and Astrophysics

For a while back in the 1990s, A&A published some things (such as
appendices to papers) ONLY electronically. However,
ftp://cdsarc.u-strasbg.fr doesn't seem to exist anymore,...
Forum: Research May 30th 19, 03:20 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Can someone confirm that I have found some typos in some 1960s Soviet astronomy papers?

Consider the following papers:

DZ65: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1965SvA.....8..854D

@ARTICLE { VDashevskiiYZeldovich65a ,
AUTHOR = "V. M. Dashevskii and Y. B....
Forum: Research May 10th 19, 11:37 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Revise age of the universe?

In article , Steve Willner
writes:=20

In article ,
"Richard D. Saam" ...
Forum: Research April 29th 19, 04:33 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Revise age of the universe?

In article , root
writes:=20

Can the recent findings of the Space Telescope Institute be used
to revise the age of the universe. What would the...
Forum: Research January 3rd 19, 02:35 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
library work: where is paper I?

In article , Dan Riley
writes:

"Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)"
writes:
The paper
Forum: Research December 31st 18, 02:35 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
library work: where is paper I?

The paper

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1965SvA.....8..854D

@ARTICLE { VDashevskiiYZeldovich65a ,
AUTHOR = "V. M. Dashevskii and Y. B. Zeldovich",
TITLE ...
Forum: Research December 15th 18, 06:46 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
Cosmological Problems

In article , "Richard D.
Saam" writes:

On 11/9/18 1:37 AM, Steve Willner wrote:
MILKY WAY CEPHEID STANDARDS FOR MEASURING...
Forum: Research December 11th 18, 08:04 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
dark matter hypothesis

[[Mod. note -- My apologies for the delay in processing this article,
which was submitted on 2018-12-08.
-- jt]]

In article , Steve Willner
Forum: Research November 28th 18, 06:48 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
dark matter hypothesis

In article ,
writes:

I'm unfamiliar with this technique - microlensing refers
to the occlusion of distant bright...
Forum: Research November 28th 18, 06:44 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
dark matter hypothesis

In article , jacobnavia
writes:

That study assumes a spherical halo around the galaxy. It measures the
events when a massive body passes...
Forum: Research November 27th 18, 07:03 PM Posted to sci.astro.research
dark matter hypothesis

In article ,
writes:

aIs it possible that the missing mass, the 'dark matter',
consists of two generations of...
Forum: Research November 20th 18, 07:35 AM Posted to sci.astro.research
Is higher mass-density at higher Z detectable with current probes?

In article ,
stargene writes:

rho([email protected])= rho(Mz=0)x(1+z)^3, for the universe at any value of z.
Eg: At a z = 4,...