Search: Posts made by: oldcoot
Forum: Misc November 13th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Gravitational waves are not "gravitons" (Was.... )

On Nov 12, 12:18 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"Jeff" sed :

The " graviton " notion is a giant step backwards
-- yet Painius is convinced it's avant-garde, beyond...
Forum: Misc November 12th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Lack of sleep ― it wears on the immune system.

Reptiles go dormant, or into a torpor when their temp drops too low.

Reptile dysfunction.

Har. :-)
Forum: Misc November 11th 08, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
What Do You See When Your Mind Soars?

On Nov 11, 10:33*am, "Painius" wrote:
"oldcoot" sed :

Do you not realize that at no other time in human history, we now have
a true and bona fide 'litmus test'...
Forum: Misc November 11th 08, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
What Do You See When Your Mind Soars?

P.S.
Forgot to include '4-D fields' in that list of
euphamisms and 'abstract descriptions of effects'.
Forum: Misc November 11th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
What Do You See When Your Mind Soars?

On Nov 11, 12:19*am, "Painius" wrote:
"Jeff?Relf" wrote...

It has no true beginning or end, nothing caused it.

Suppose we give you that much, Jeff. *After all,...
Forum: Misc November 10th 08, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Nothing causes the cosmos ( or 4-D gravity ) .. it “ just is ...

On Nov 10, 5:55*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

..Source, and cause of the effects of gravitation is mother
natures best kept secret.

But to the pure of heart,
She parts...
Forum: Misc November 10th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Nothing causes the cosmos ( or 4-D gravity ) .. it just is .

On Nov 9, 11:28 pm, "Painius" wrote:

This power (gravity) that can make light bend...

Sorry to go picayunish on this subject again, Paine. :-) But only...
Forum: Misc November 10th 08, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Gravity is a 4-D field that, over gigayears, gets spent.

On Nov 9, 3:20*pm, "Painius" wrote:

Why is relativity diametrically
opposed to quantum mechanics? *Why can't the two ideas
be reconciled?

'Member as to how this...
Forum: Misc November 9th 08, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Gravity is a 4-D field that, over gigayears, gets spent.

On Nov 9, 12:46 pm, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:

Your inability to conceptualize 4-D fields doesn't mean
you're right and Einstein was wrong.

Nobody's sayin' Einstein...
Forum: Misc November 9th 08, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Before, TreBert said nothing could slow down light.

On Nov 8, 8:42*pm, "Painius" wrote:

*When are they going to accept
the obvious truth that space is a high-grade vibrating
energy of such tight and tiny wavelengths...
Forum: Misc November 8th 08, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Did you call Oregon's Public Benefits Hotline ( 1-800-520-5292...

Hey y'all
A couple of months ago my left ear got plugged up,
and i went to Walgreens and got the earwax removal kit, which comes
with a solvent dropper and little squeezebulb for...
Forum: Misc November 5th 08, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
New "Rig" Online!

On Nov 5, 12:05*pm, Double-A wrote:
I am now posting coutesy Safway's wi~fi wireless Internet access using
the new Toshiba Satellite laptop! *Everything is
working great!...
Forum: Misc November 3rd 08, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Is It a Crime to Exist?

On Nov 2, 8:44*am, "Hagar" wrote:

Has either of you two losers ever considered making attempts to
finding employment??
Oh, I see ... all the CEO positions are taken...
Forum: Misc November 2nd 08, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Before, TreBert said nothing could slow down light.

On Nov 2, 5:44*am, oldcoot wrote:
Y'all might want to read up on the 'River' model of black holes, which
is actually being circulated in mainstream venues. It's based...
Forum: Misc November 2nd 08, 01:44 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Before, TreBert said nothing could slow down light.

Y'all might want to read up on the 'River' model of black holes, which
is actually being circulated in mainstream venues. It's based on the
old Painleve`-Gullstrand metric, which describes gravity as...
Forum: Misc November 1st 08, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Happy Halloween!

WOOPs typo. Hit adjacent key by mistake. Should be "Looks like...."
Forum: Misc November 1st 08, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Happy Halloween!

On Nov 1, 11:29*am, (oldcoot) wrote:
Hey AA
* * * * * * Kooks like you're still slogging to the library to use the
computer. Your new one was shipped 29 Oct. at 12:48 PM (last...
Forum: Misc October 29th 08, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
A helping-hand fund for AA (Was.. )

On Oct 29, 10:53*am, Double-A wrote:
*I will email you my
personal mail box mailing address. *Honest John just mailed me a coat
and it came through just fine. *(Thanks HJ)...
Forum: Misc October 29th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
The universe is very shy

On Oct 28, 8:04*am, "Painius" wrote:
"oldcoot" wrote :

Bert wrote,

...no two objects are touching(planets
moons,asteroids comets etc. There is
a...
Forum: Misc October 29th 08, 02:31 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
A helping-hand fund for AA (Was.. )

On Oct 28, 12:03 pm, Double-A wrote:net

The library computer is kicking me off right now,
but I'll be in touch tomorrow!

'Lo AA. Here's your computer...
Forum: Misc October 28th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
There's no telling when Double-A might see this.

On Oct 27, 11:26 am, Jeff$B"%(BRelf wrote:

As Google Groups has it, the newest post in this thread happened
over 2 days ago ! so there's no telling when Double-A...
Forum: Misc October 28th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
When Is Google Going To Pick Its Brains Up Off The Floor?

On Oct 27, 10:47*am, Double-A wrote:
The latest posts I can see are from the 25th. *Today is Oct 27th!
This is the third day of this Google memory loss.

Looks like GG...
Forum: Misc October 27th 08, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Scotch Tape-potent x-ray source

On Oct 25, 7:21*am, oldcoot wrote:
On Oct 24, 6:45*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Greysky I thunk that is amazing. Can I relate that to very...
Forum: Misc October 25th 08, 04:21 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Scotch Tape-potent x-ray source

On Oct 24, 6:45*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

Greysky I thunk that is amazing. Can I relate that to very hard sugar
cube giving off light when squeezed very hard. I...
Forum: Misc October 24th 08, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By oldcoot
Loop Gravity and the Bouncing Universe

On Oct 24, 11:49*am, Double-A wrote:

I think Fred Hoyle's Steady State Theory deserves a second and third
look. *It recognizes that the universe is expanding, but says...