Search: Posts made by: Joe Strout
Forum: Policy November 25th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Is suborbital a real market?

In article
,
Len wrote:

Sure, going to orbit is going to be more expensive--but not
necessarily that...
Forum: Policy November 25th 07, 12:23 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Is suborbital a real market?

In article ,
Harri Tavaila wrote:

As has been pointed out there is the obvious path of expansion to
develope a TSTO...
Forum: Policy November 25th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Is suborbital a real market?

In article
,
wrote:

The Ansari X prize was great but then we see all these guys who say
they will...
Forum: Policy November 25th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Falcon9/Dragon launch purchases

In article
,
wrote:

I strongly support SpaceX but I see a lot of support here for what is
still...
Forum: Policy November 12th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
ISS after completion

In article ,
Harmon wrote:

As I understand it, NASA is planning on "retiring" the ISS at the end
of its nominal...
Forum: Policy November 12th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
The Pentagon Endorses Space Based Solar Power

In article ,
Monte Davis wrote:

Charlie Siegrist wrote:

Do tell? I'd love to hear...
Forum: Policy November 12th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
The Pentagon Endorses Space Based Solar Power

In article ,
Monte Davis wrote:

Joe Strout wrote:

In a casual discussion in the workplace today, it...
Forum: Policy November 10th 07, 06:12 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
The Pentagon Endorses Space Based Solar Power

In article ,
Charlie Siegrist wrote:

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:13:28 -0800, Mark R. Whittington wrote:

The Pentagon's...
Forum: Policy November 10th 07, 06:11 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Back to the moon? When?

In article ,
Len wrote:

Our storm-cellar concept envisages
water on the way to the moon, and regolith or some
other...
Forum: History November 9th 07, 06:31 PM Posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Posted By Joe Strout
Hillary Clinton Declares War on....I TOLD YOU!

In article ,
(Rand Simberg) wrote:

But most of the cost is not "space flight", it is getting to space
through the...
Forum: Policy November 9th 07, 06:31 PM Posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology

(Rand Simberg) wrote:

But most of the cost is not "space flight", it is getting to space
through the...
Forum: Policy November 9th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Posted By Joe Strout
Hillary Clinton Declares War on....I TOLD YOU!

In article ,
"Jeff Findley" wrote:

Forum: History November 9th 07, 04:56 PM Posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology

"Jeff Findley" wrote:

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
Forum: Policy November 9th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Back to the moon? When?

In article ,
"Erich Kohl" wrote:

First and foremost, let me just say that I do believe that the United
States was...
Forum: Policy November 7th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
HDTV movie of Moon

In article ,
"Jim Relsh" wrote:

http://www.jaxa.jp/press/2007/11/20071107_kaguya_movie_e.html

Japanese HDTV camera on board a...
Forum: Policy November 7th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Bigelow Aerospace to offer $760 million for spaceship

In article ,
John Schilling wrote:

Data is data -- please excuse my linguistic shorthand, which I believed
to be clear,...
Forum: Policy November 6th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Will China Beat the United States Back to the Moon?

In article ,
"Jeff Findley" wrote:

Why would anyone care if the Chinese beat the US back to the moon?

Because they might...
Forum: Policy November 6th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
The Economic Development of the Moon

In article ,
Alex Terrell wrote:

Why fixated on tokamaks? There are lots of other confinement
approaches.
Forum: Policy November 6th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Bigelow Aerospace to offer $760 million for spaceship

In article ,
John Schilling wrote:

You know, if the hypothesis under discussion is whether the party that
controls Congress...
Forum: Policy November 6th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
The Economic Development of the Moon

In article ,
Alex Terrell wrote:

I've seen that PGMs come top of the list, simply because they're
viable for...
Forum: Policy November 6th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
The Economic Development of the Moon

In article ,
(James Nicoll) wrote:

Right, especially with something like polywell fusion, where fuel ion
velocity scales (exponentially,...
Forum: Policy November 5th 07, 07:52 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Bigelow Aerospace to offer $760 million for spaceship

In article ,
Len wrote:

With respect to civilian space, I think that JPL's
and Goddard's work in planetary and Earth...
Forum: Policy November 5th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
The Economic Development of the Moon

In article ,
(James Nicoll) wrote:

So, it would be a fusion reactor with an easier operational
cycle. Less need for handling and...
Forum: Policy November 2nd 07, 11:22 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
Bigelow Aerospace to offer $760 million for spaceship

In article ,
"Jorge R. Frank" wrote:

Sounds reasonable, but it's not well supported by the data, at least
over the last...
Forum: Policy November 2nd 07, 08:21 PM Posted to sci.space.policy
Posted By Joe Strout
LeoCondo, the...

In article ,
Craig Fink wrote:

Any other want-to-be LeoCondo owners out there?

Yes, but I need to make a few $million first. Let me get...