Search: Posts made by: Shawn
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 6th 07, 09:12 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.atheism,alt.activism.death-penalty,alt.abortion,talk.atheism
Posted By Shawn
was he an atheist?

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
if so insert smiley face icon here

if not sorry in advance

Once we're dead, we're all atheists.

Shawn
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 6th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
out of this world !

Mark F. wrote:
Maybe you can get a date.
(grin)

"Shawn" wrote in message
Mark F....
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 6th 07, 05:32 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
out of this world !

Mark F. wrote:
OPS, She will not be flying anymore!!!

"micky" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16997958/

Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 6th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
News Report about Sun.

Sitav wrote:
On Feb 5, 9:23 am, Shawn
wrote:
Mark F. wrote:
Three major astro universities have done a study and found that the sun will
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 5th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
News Report about Sun.

Mark F. wrote:
Three major astro universities have done a study and found that the sun will
run out of fuel!
It is there for imperative that we stock up on wood to keep us warm.
Prof....
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 5th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
See 35 miles with amazing binoculars!!!

Protagonist wrote:
Ed wrote:
We should post an ad:

See a wonder of the universe; See the Andromeda Galaxy at a distance
of about 2.4 Million Light Years!:)

Andromeda is a naked...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 2nd 07, 05:10 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
how do I start my own urban legend?

Peter Lynch wrote:
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 04:49:05 GMT, Mark F. wrote:
I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock up on...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 2nd 07, 05:00 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur

Mark F. wrote:
I was thinking I should start a urban legend.
Something like the "Sun is running out of fuel so we all need to stock up on
wood to stay warn when it goes out".

Just send it to...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy February 1st 07, 06:11 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
When you turn off the stars . . .

Larry G. wrote:
The other night, I fired up an old copy of Distant Suns 5.1.
I was playing around with the settings, when I started noticing
a few interesting phenomena, when I turned off most...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 28th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
astronomers

Brian Tung wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Tyson has better graphics though. :-)

Hardly a ringing endorsement, I think. :-o

How about this: Tyson has a conversational manner that I find more...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 28th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
Could someone give me three good reasons . . .

Brian Tung wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Really nice camera. Excellent results, easy to use, all the regular
digicam advantages, plus you have lenses that, unless I'm mistaken (Ha!
like that ever...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 28th 07, 01:33 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
astronomers

Brian Tung wrote:
Shawn wrote:
Neil deGrasse Tyson of Nova Now fame. Following in Sagan's footsteps as
far as making science accessible.
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 28th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
astronomers

Sitav wrote:
who are the "famous" astronomers of the 21st century. i havent heard
of many well known astronomers or astrophysicists.........yet.

Oh, 21st century. Hmm, those other guys are...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 28th 07, 12:19 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
astronomers

Sitav wrote:
who are the "famous" astronomers of the 21st century. i havent heard
of many well known astronomers or astrophysicists.........yet.

Edwin Hubble, the guy the space telescope is...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 28th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
Could someone give me three good reasons . . .

Joe S. wrote:
. . . to buy a Canon EOS Rebel Digital when I have a perfectly good EOS
Rebel X, a perfectly good EOS 630, and a bag full of genuine Canon EOS
lenses?

I need these reasons...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 26th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
Would it do any good to say to you RELIGIOUS TALKERS to say GETOUT OF THIS GROUP!!!!

Stephen Paul wrote:

On Jan 26, 12:02 pm, Cbeyond wrote:
I don't want to be rude, but get out of this group!!, you will have
more fun in more appropriate groups!!

Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 25th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
The galaxy is a zero point machine producing mass, energy andspawns new galaxies from vacuum energy.

wrote:
Only if the pixie dust is the dark energy.

Flying Spaghetti Monster
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 24th 07, 02:46 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
A Leftie conspiracy??

Rich wrote:

Mark my words, if you don't tow the line on global warming, you
might very well find yourself in a re-education camp.

No Rich, the U.S. is still a free country despite the best...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 21st 07, 02:48 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
Comparsion: Comet McNaught and Comet West

Patrick Edward Murray wrote:

To me, that has to be the dummest most stupid things I have ever
heard...to miss an eclipse a Total Solar Eclipse because of rank
stupidity.

"You can lead a horse...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 21st 07, 02:43 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
How long could a man-made earth satellite stay up?

Sam Wormley wrote:
wrote:
Musing....

The earth is many orders of magnitude older than the time humans - or
even mammals - have been here.

And who...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 20th 07, 07:04 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur

wrote:
Musing....

The earth is many orders of magnitude older than the time humans - or
even mammals - have been here.

And who knows what the future may...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 15th 07, 06:16 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
No viewing this weekend

Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 05:40:56 GMT, "Mark F." wrote:

I was in Laughlin over the weekend, This morning when I go to my car a 7 AM
it said 25 f.
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 14th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
i'm a girl

Sitav wrote:
on many of the articles i posted, especially "hi", everyone refers to
as a "him" or "he". first of all 12 year old boys are not that bright
or as bright and they dont have much...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 14th 07, 04:09 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Replies: 5
wow
Posted By Shawn
wow

AM wrote:
Polymer Jones wrote:

\Some cant take the truth! George W Bush elected, one example!

And yet he became president, makes a lot more $$
than you, lives in a nicer...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy January 14th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Shawn
Looks like Comet McNOT for me :(

Jan Owen wrote:
wrote in message
John Banister wrote:

So what's the furtherest south anyone has...