Search: Posts made by: Mark F.
Forum: Amateur Astronomy October 29th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
This is NUTS !

NO! talking to MIN is nuts!
GRIN

"Michael Tee" wrote in message
news:BjKNk.4682$%%[email protected]
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27420154/
Forum: Amateur Astronomy October 6th 08, 03:50 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Rosamond -- Starlore

Drove home from Bishop today, right through Rosamond.

Wonder what ever happened to Starlord.

Mark F.
--
Hike High Mountains!
Fish for Wild Trout!

DUDE! REALLY!

Some planets probably WERE quite Earth-like, Others quite likely were
NOT, even if they had ecosystems! If, given enough time in a distant
future, we develop terraforming...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy August 18th 08, 03:41 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Competitive Amateur Astronomy

Submarine races--- DUH!
(grin)

wrote in message
OK, so there are no astronomy competitions in...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy August 2nd 08, 11:10 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Mars stuff coming out soon.

It would appear that the US President has been briefed by Phoenix
scientists about the discovery of something more "provocative" than
the discovery of water existing on the Martian surface. This...
Forum: Misc August 2nd 08, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By Mark F.
The White House is Briefed: Phoenix About to Announce Potential For Life on Mars

They did the same thing when the blue berries showed they formed in water at
the rover lending site.

Mark

"Raving" wrote in message
Forum: Misc July 28th 08, 04:07 AM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By Mark F.
hello?

My service had to reset some news groups so I had to unsubscribe and
resubscribed.

problem solved.

"Painius" wrote in message...
Forum: Misc July 27th 08, 08:34 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By Mark F.
hello?

NO post on my server?

--
Hike High Mountains!
Fish for Wild Trout!

1.How many asteroids(in the asteroid belt) are heavy iron?
2.(If you could) move them to a mars an obit and slowly run them in mars
could you get enough mass to A. hold onto a atmosphere and B. get...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy June 13th 08, 05:03 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Daniel Joseph Min

Are you a McCain lover?

--
"My Mom said she learned how to swim
when someone took her out in the lake

BUT THAT DUDE IS SOOOOOOOO HOT!

"mx" wrote in message
Go to http://tinyurl.com/4jb52r
Forum: Amateur Astronomy May 22nd 08, 04:53 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
new tag line

WELL what do think?

--
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars through
telescopes.

Mark F.
Forum: Amateur Astronomy May 3rd 08, 01:02 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Life?

So I at a showing of, "This American Life" last night. ( a special theater
broadcast)

And this 13 year old comedian said I know why, know one can find life
anywhere else in the universe.
"It's a...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 29th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Plossl ??

Thank for your wise help and wisdom.
And getting me off the hook about cleaning the mirror. (grin)
Mark

"Mark F." wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Thanks...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 28th 08, 04:57 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Plossl ??

Thanks for your help with my question about my new scope.

So I have played with my 10" hardin now for a few nights.
I have a few obserations.
1. The X2 barlow may work on the moon but make mars look...
Forum: Misc April 26th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to alt.astronomy
Posted By Mark F.
Fudging Our Sun + Solar System

". This does not seem to change our
thoughts on how it came to be.

Who's thoughts?
Do NOT lump me in with the rest of humanity!

Mark
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 24th 08, 04:16 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
A question of viewing

47 year old eyes.
I do have floater though.

Mark

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...
Mark F. wrote:
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 24th 08, 04:15 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
A question of viewing

Different in that I am using a 10 inch dobs for the first time, I was using
a 4.5 dobs.
So I was looking through both scopes last night and trying to compare what I
see.
And then ask the good...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 24th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
A question of viewing

So I was looking through my new (used) 10 inch dobs last night.
Saturn looked great I could even see a band. (or maybe it was the Cassini
space craft--- Grin)
I also look at Sirius and it looked --...
Forum: Astro Pictures April 23rd 08, 01:23 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Posted By Mark F.
ASTRO:old scope/ new scope

it is a 10"
I was looking for a used 8" but won this one on ebay.
I'm told Hardin made a good scope.

Mark

"Gordan" wrote in message...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 23rd 08, 02:22 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
new 10 dobs

over on the ASTRO: Alt.binaries.pictures.astro
I put up a photo of my new, used BABY.

Mark F.
--
Fly Lexx!
Forum: Astro Pictures April 23rd 08, 01:58 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

can you tell the difference.

Mark

--
Fly Lexx!
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 22nd 08, 02:09 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur

Well it appears I will getting a 10 inch dobs tomorrow.(eBay)
This is a big upgrade from my 4.5 incher.
Anything I need to know.
Cool down time?

--
Fly Lexx!
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 14th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to sci.astro.amateur

OK OK OK!
So I live in Los Angeles, seeing is less the ideal.
So I was out in the back yard looking at the moon at 8:10 PM
And this BLACK spear or circle move right across the face of the moon. It...
Forum: Amateur Astronomy April 10th 08, 11:53 PM Posted to sci.astro.amateur
Posted By Mark F.
Astronomy - not religious pollution

-BUT-,- BUT- ,-BUT. No one alse will listen to me.

"Astronomy Joe" wrote in message
Cut the religious bull**** and...