Search: Posts made by: Brian Gaff
Forum: Space Station June 14th 18, 10:21 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Illogical

There is a sci.space.news group
Nothing much gets posted on it any more. This is a discussion group. There
are few discussions but a lot of links to web sites gets posted, often the
links cryptic...
Forum: Space Station April 16th 18, 11:33 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
OK I've decided

To delete this and the news group as being totally useless, and try to find
something else to read without having to resort to browsing web pages set
out in illogical orders for those with 10...
Forum: Space Station April 6th 18, 03:58 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Space calendar etc

Yes some sites now won't let you use them if you kill their adverts. This
includes catch up video sites as well. I have no issue with adverts, its
the ridiculously intrusive way they are used that...
Forum: Space Station April 5th 18, 05:07 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Space calendar etc

But the thing is, web pages from my point of view are far less easy to use
than a news group and there is no reason why one cannot have web addresses
on a news post, but basic details are far...
Forum: Space Station April 5th 18, 10:57 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Space calendar etc

Its corporate amnesia. As soon as the previous person goes, moves, dies or
whatever, no record has been made of what they did, so any new person has no
idea what went on.
Brian

--
----- -
This...

I would remind those uploading he space calendar to the sci.space.news
group that we are now in April. Also nobody ever puts news up there these
days. I find this most irritating.
Brian

Forum: Space Station April 3rd 18, 09:13 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Chinese station come down yet?

You can bet some spy sat saw it.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jeff...
Forum: Space Station April 2nd 18, 04:14 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Chinese station come down yet?

So they had better luck than the Americans did with Skylab then.
Still more junk in the oceans. Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian...
Posted By Brian Gaff
Chinese station come down yet?

I've been hearing it was within hours since last Thursday, whats going on
here?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian...

Also why can one not post a followup to these news items? Anyway what are
they going to be doing for two days on a soyuz?
Brian

--
----- -
This newsgroup posting comes to you directly...

The thing is though, Maybe he has his own agenda, and joining a long winded
Nasa funded way of doing business won't get him where he wants to go, so to
speak.
Brian

--
----- -
This newsgroup...

OK I will say what probably everyone is thinking right now.
I do hope he is not sending the ISS an electric sports car as well.
Hides behind sofa.

Brian

--
----- -
This newsgroup posting comes...

Since the settings of the nasa posts in this group has stopped the threads
of replies, I'll start a new one. I do think if they are bothering to post
here a little more detail in text might be a...
Forum: Space Station February 7th 18, 07:16 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
stuck in January

what can I say.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Forum: Space Station January 18th 18, 08:19 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
have they all now given up?

But only written words are any good for the blind, whether new literatti or
old fogie!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian...

So sci.space.news no longer has any news published to it other than an
occasional space calendar, and here we occasionally see an update to a
liking to and audio visual about the space station.
Forum: Space Station December 31st 17, 06:39 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Its permanently 20th december here

On this group at least.
At what time do they celebrate the new year on the ISS, as they are on GMT
one supposes at midnight. However I decided today, well this morning to
listen to it arrive in New...
Forum: Space Station December 7th 17, 08:40 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
fed up with these newsgroups way of operating

Seems to me that sci.space.news is updated so infrequently its pointless
looking at it, and this group has become an organ just posting links to web
sites of nasa.
Some of us really would like to...
Forum: Space Station September 16th 17, 09:30 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Casini

Hmm but it does or at least used to, have people on it continuously arguing
about politics, not been there lately.
Brian

--
----- -
The...

has this affected the Nasa events etc or not?

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures...
Forum: Space Station August 10th 17, 03:22 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
another test.

Not seen the last one

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Forum: Space Station July 12th 17, 11:34 AM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Jupiter red spot

Not heard how this went as yet. It seemed to get even on bbc news that it
was happening but not heard a word since?
Brian

--
----- -
The...

Hmm, Its hard though when you learn one way to try to keep the bits you do
know and connect them to the new concepts.

Still for most of the things I need on a daily basis I never need to go down...
Forum: Space Station July 4th 17, 12:44 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Gone quiet here

One of the things I find hard are the new lamps for old object orientated
basis of many of them. The fact of the matter is that objects are just multi
dimensioned arrays with various differently...
Forum: Space Station July 3rd 17, 06:30 PM Posted to sci.space.station
Posted By Brian Gaff
Gone quiet here

The thing is you tell young uns about radio stations being received from
across the planet and they wave their I phones at you and sneer.
To me there is still something magical to know that the...