SpaceBanter.com

SpaceBanter.com (http://www.spacebanter.com/index.php)
-   Space Station (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=110895)

Jonathan October 28th 07 04:06 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 

First Bush and his Vision to the moon, then Japan, India
and now China all gearing up to go back to the moon.

WHY?

The same reason for Apollo, we were in a ....military...race
with the Soviets. The Cold War. Now....the reason everyone
is going back to the moon???

MISSILE DEFENSE.

So, I guess after another FIFTY GODDAMMED YEARS
we'll end up with nothing more to show than the last
FIFTY YEARS IN SPACE.

Lots of really cool..very..expensive weapons we'll probably
never use. And a bunch of completely useless hardware
lying about on the moon.

Just like the ISS, the Grand Accomplishment of the last
FIFTY YEARS in space.

What a ****ing... excuse my lanquage, but it's so incredibly
infuriating to think about, no other word will do....
...what a ****ing waste.

We should demand NASA return to the plan it had
for the future of space BEFORE BUSH.

Space Solar Power...

Executive Summary
NASA'S SPACE SOLAR POWER EXPLORATORY RESEARCH
AND TECHNOLOGY (SERT) PROGRAM
http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?re...d=10202&page=1

And we should do so...times ten.

But then, maybe I'm the only one that thinks we should
use NASA to pave the way solutions to global warming
and diminishing fossil fuels INSTEAD of paving the way
for friggin ...space ships with laser beams attached.

I mean, it can't be possible no one else sees the absolute
LUNACY of current policy??
Shirly it can't be the Iranians or N Koreans that frighten
us so much we need to militarize the moon?

Must be China eh?

****ing communists need to go, once and for all.




s




Joe Strout October 28th 07 04:16 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
In article ,
"Jonathan" wrote:

First Bush and his Vision to the moon, then Japan, India
and now China all gearing up to go back to the moon.

WHY?

The same reason for Apollo, we were in a ....military...race
with the Soviets. The Cold War. Now....the reason everyone
is going back to the moon???

MISSILE DEFENSE.


Is it just me, or is everyone else's kook meter starting to swing harder
at Jonathan's postings too?

--
"Polywell" fusion -- an approach to nuclear fusion that might actually work.
Learn more and discuss via: http://www.strout.net/info/science/polywell/

macruzq October 28th 07 04:42 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
On Oct 27, 10:06 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
First Bush and his Vision to the moon, then Japan, India
and now China all gearing up to go back to the moon.

WHY?

The same reason for Apollo, we were in a ....military...race
with the Soviets. The Cold War. Now....the reason everyone
is going back to the moon???

MISSILE DEFENSE.

So, I guess after another FIFTY GODDAMMED YEARS
we'll end up with nothing more to show than the last
FIFTY YEARS IN SPACE.

Lots of really cool..very..expensive weapons we'll probably
never use. And a bunch of completely useless hardware
lying about on the moon.

Just like the ISS, the Grand Accomplishment of the last
FIFTY YEARS in space.

What a ****ing... excuse my lanquage, but it's so incredibly
infuriating to think about, no other word will do....
..what a ****ing waste.


Hey, hey! Calm down! Moon is TOO FAR to launch a missile. It is not
practical. Missiles or any weapons installed on the Moon is simply a
stupid idea.


We should demand NASA return to the plan it had
for the future of space BEFORE BUSH.

Bush have made all this mess about space program just to get
attention, after all political errors with Iraq! just to "pass to
History"! That is my very personal perception and opinion.

Space Solar Power...

Executive Summary
NASA'S SPACE SOLAR POWER EXPLORATORY RESEARCH
AND TECHNOLOGY (SERT) PROGRAMhttp://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=10202&page=1

And we should do so...times ten.

But then, maybe I'm the only one that thinks we should
use NASA to pave the way solutions to global warming
and diminishing fossil fuels INSTEAD of paving the way
for friggin ...space ships with laser beams attached.

I mean, it can't be possible no one else sees the absolute
LUNACY of current policy??
Shirly it can't be the Iranians or N Koreans that frighten
us so much we need to militarize the moon?

Must be China eh?

****ing communists need to go, once and for all.

s




BradGuth October 28th 07 04:56 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
On Oct 27, 8:06 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
****ing communists need to go, once and for all.


But they are going, to the moon that is, and most likely establishing
their moon L1 platform for good measure. I wonder what exactly
they've got that we obviously do not.
- Brad Guth -


BradGuth October 28th 07 04:59 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
On Oct 27, 8:42 pm, macruzq wrote:
On Oct 27, 10:06 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:





First Bush and his Vision to the moon, then Japan, India
and now China all gearing up to go back to the moon.


WHY?


The same reason for Apollo, we were in a ....military...race
with the Soviets. The Cold War. Now....the reason everyone
is going back to the moon???


MISSILE DEFENSE.


So, I guess after another FIFTY GODDAMMED YEARS
we'll end up with nothing more to show than the last
FIFTY YEARS IN SPACE.


Lots of really cool..very..expensive weapons we'll probably
never use. And a bunch of completely useless hardware
lying about on the moon.


Just like the ISS, the Grand Accomplishment of the last
FIFTY YEARS in space.


What a ****ing... excuse my lanquage, but it's so incredibly
infuriating to think about, no other word will do....
..what a ****ing waste.


Hey, hey! Calm down! Moon is TOO FAR to launch a missile. It is not
practical. Missiles or any weapons installed on the Moon is simply a
stupid idea.


But as easily deployed from the moon's L1 isn't exactly half bad.
- Brad Guth -


Matt October 28th 07 05:35 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
On Oct 27, 9:59 pm, BradGuth wrote:
On Oct 27, 8:42 pm, macruzq wrote:





On Oct 27, 10:06 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:


First Bush and his Vision to the moon, then Japan, India
and now China all gearing up to go back to the moon.


WHY?


The same reason for Apollo, we were in a ....military...race
with the Soviets. The Cold War. Now....the reason everyone
is going back to the moon???


MISSILE DEFENSE.


So, I guess after another FIFTY GODDAMMED YEARS
we'll end up with nothing more to show than the last
FIFTY YEARS IN SPACE.


Lots of really cool..very..expensive weapons we'll probably
never use. And a bunch of completely useless hardware
lying about on the moon.


Just like the ISS, the Grand Accomplishment of the last
FIFTY YEARS in space.


What a ****ing... excuse my lanquage, but it's so incredibly
infuriating to think about, no other word will do....
..what a ****ing waste.


Hey, hey! Calm down! Moon is TOO FAR to launch a missile. It is not
practical. Missiles or any weapons installed on the Moon is simply a
stupid idea.


But as easily deployed from the moon's L1 isn't exactly half bad.
- Brad Guth -- Hide quoted text -

- Show quoted text -


Interceptor missiles launched from the moon or L1 would take hours to
reach near-Earth space - that's hopelessly too slow to affect a
ballistic missile attack from one point on Earth to another. Lasers or
other directed energy beams would spread too much at that range. No
one will put offensive missiles in such places, either: the enormous
effort of hauling the things up there is worthless given that a war
using Earth-based ballistic missiles will be over before missiles
needing (at best) hours to reach Earth can have any effect.


Jim Davis October 28th 07 05:42 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
Joe Strout wrote:

Is it just me, or is everyone else's kook meter starting to
swing harder at Jonathan's postings too?


He's a strange one, certainly.

Jim Davis


Fred J. McCall October 28th 07 07:02 AM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
Joe Strout wrote:
:
:Is it just me, or is everyone else's kook meter starting to swing harder
:at Jonathan's postings too?
:

It's just you. Jonathan pegged most people's loon meters long, long
ago...


--
"Ordinarily he is insane. But he has lucid moments when he is
only stupid."
-- Heinrich Heine

Eekamouse[_2_] October 28th 07 04:04 PM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 

"Jonathan" wrote in message
.. .

First Bush and his Vision to the moon, then Japan, India
and now China all gearing up to go back to the moon.

WHY?

The same reason for Apollo, we were in a ....military...race
with the Soviets. The Cold War. Now....the reason everyone
is going back to the moon???

MISSILE DEFENSE.

So, I guess after another FIFTY GODDAMMED YEARS
we'll end up with nothing more to show than the last
FIFTY YEARS IN SPACE.

Lots of really cool..very..expensive weapons we'll probably
never use. And a bunch of completely useless hardware
lying about on the moon.

Just like the ISS, the Grand Accomplishment of the last
FIFTY YEARS in space.

What a ****ing... excuse my lanquage, but it's so incredibly
infuriating to think about, no other word will do....
..what a ****ing waste.

We should demand NASA return to the plan it had
for the future of space BEFORE BUSH.

Space Solar Power...

Executive Summary
NASA'S SPACE SOLAR POWER EXPLORATORY RESEARCH
AND TECHNOLOGY (SERT) PROGRAM
http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?re...d=10202&page=1

And we should do so...times ten.

But then, maybe I'm the only one that thinks we should
use NASA to pave the way solutions to global warming
and diminishing fossil fuels INSTEAD of paving the way
for friggin ...space ships with laser beams attached.

I mean, it can't be possible no one else sees the absolute
LUNACY of current policy??
Shirly it can't be the Iranians or N Koreans that frighten
us so much we need to militarize the moon?

Must be China eh?

****ing communists need to go, once and for all.




s






Brian Thorn[_2_] October 28th 07 05:57 PM

..New Space-Race to the Moon..History is (Tragically) Repeating Itself
 
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:23:05 -0500, "Jonathan"
wrote:

Hey, hey! Calm down! Moon is TOO FAR to launch a missile. It is not
practical. Missiles or any weapons installed on the Moon is simply a
stupid idea.



Who said anything about launching missiles from the moon???
What do our military satellites in orbit do for the most part?
Fire weapons, or observe and target etc?


Observe from the moon? Look at the best Earth-based images of the
moon. That sort of resolution is useless, militarily, and that
resolution comes from huge observatories on Earth far in excess of
anything humans will be able to build on the moon in the next 50
years. There is no military rationale for a base on the moon. None.
Zip. Nada. No matter how many "Bush is Evil" and "China is about to
take over the world" nutjobs try to say there is.

Everyone is going to the moon because it is relatively cheap and easy
to do, and has a quick payoff. Three or four days, and your probe is
there. Politicans are happy.

Sorry, Jonathan. I have to agree with the crowd here. You've totally
lost it. Step away from the computer. Put down the Loony Conspiracy
Theory book. Stop drinking the Military Industrial Complex Is Out To
Get Us koolaid. Turn off the Art Bell Show. Go outside, walk around
the block a few times. Go see a movie. Let your brain filter out all
that crap that's in there. :-)

Brian



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2006 SpaceBanter.com. Space photos on this page are credited to NASA and ESA