-   History (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Venus/Moon - to Terraform, DNA seed or Not - in spite of whatever you've been told, there's other intelligent life on Venus. Venus simply is NOT insurmountably too hot and nasty. (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=72326)

Matt Wiser February 4th 06 06:52 AM

Venus/Moon - to Terraform, DNA seed or Not - in spite of whatever you've been told, there's other intelligent life on Venus. Venus simply is NOT insurmountably too hot and nasty.

"William Mook" wrote:

I had astronomy as an undergrad for my general ed physical science requirement; the
professor demo'ed a telescope with just such a device. Surface temp on Venus that day?
885 degrees F. You are correct about the loon known as Mr. Guth. HS or BS, he's full of it.
Just killfile him in the future and be done with him. Leave him to his delusions and let him
wait for the nice fellows in the white coats with a butterfly net to take him to a nice padded
cell with a straightjacket and the appropriate medications. If you're using Google or another
web-to-news service, just ignore him.

Brad Guth February 7th 06 07:02 AM

Venus/Moon - to Terraform, DNA seed or Not - in spite of whatever you've been told, there's other intelligent life on Venus. Venus simply is NOT insurmountably too hot and nasty.

Matt Wiser,
Too bad that the ESA Venus Express team is soon going to further prove
that it's not entirely as hot nor as nasty as your LLPOF buttology of
intellectual flatulence is suggesting. Of course, team KECK as well as
a few others have already accomplished much of what the Venus Express
team is only going to further refine upon, especially since they be
accomplishing the best ever science data coverage that's related to the
Venus nighttime season that's getting rid of far more thermal energy
than what was solar contributed (gee whiz folks; I can't but wonder
what that means).

Don't let my honest to God observationology or any of those pesky
regular laws of physics ruin yet another one of your bigots-R-us
infomercial day for yourself. Just keep on topic/author stalking,
bashing and if at all possible banishment should work it's usual Usenet
from hell magic that sustained your perpetrated cold-wars, as well as
the NASA/Apollo grand ruse/sting of the century.
-
Brad Guth