-   Astro Pictures (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Astro: Sh2-90 (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=155981)

Rick Johnson[_2_] May 25th 10 10:24 PM

Astro: Sh2-90

1 Attachment(s)
Sh2-90, also known as LBN 144 is an HII region in Vulpecula. It is
associated with Vulpecula OB1 association. It appears to be a rather
strong radio source with many radio listings in NED such as PKS
1947+266. I can't find much on it. SH2-89, a far fainter and larger
nebula is just to the south. The two may be connected as deep H alpha
images show they appear to either overlap or be part of the same cloud.
My LRGB image barely showed it but was so noisy what little was there
didn't survive processing. I'd need far more time to show it.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=4x10' RGB=2x10'x3, STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Stefan Lilge June 1st 10 10:16 PM

Astro: Sh2-90

Very nice image Rick. I have a H-alpha only version, but of course these
nebulae are "made" for colour imaging.

Stefan

. com...