-   Astro Pictures (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   ASTRO: 4.5 day old moon (RAW mozaiek, 2000x1933) (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=99757)

TheCroW April 22nd 07 02:15 AM

ASTRO: 4.5 day old moon (RAW mozaiek, 2000x1933)

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, I continue with my moon mosaics ;-)
This one is build out of 13 RAW images. Still no really clear skies (thin,
high clouds) but I managed.

Bynostar 130-900 Newton, 25 mm eyepiece, FujiFilm S5500 hybride camera

--
Menno
=====================

Rick Johnson[_2_] April 22nd 07 08:29 AM

TheCroW wrote:
Yep, I continue with my moon mosaics ;-)
This one is build out of 13 RAW images. Still no really clear skies (thin,
high clouds) but I managed.

Bynostar 130-900 Newton, 25 mm eyepiece, FujiFilm S5500 hybride camera

Petavius, with its huge rill has always been a favorite of mine. I was
reading some astronomy text from over 100 years ago in which the author
suggested it was a canal to bring water from snow capped peaks to lunar
folk in the valley between the two ramparts of Petavius' walls. Never
could figure out if he was serious or not. This was before the canal
craze on Mars so not a spoof of Lowell. Maybe he was serious, I don't
know but I've always liked the crater after reading that book. Found it
in the stacks of the University of Nebraska's physics library. It was
falling apart but a fun read to see how astronomy had changed.

Rick

TheCroW April 22nd 07 10:59 AM

ASTRO: 4.5 day old moon (ATTN Rick)

[...]

Ha, cool story again :-) Made a Petavius focus for ya .. plus curiousity
from my site :-)
Again: really love RAW format: so much can be done with it in image
processing :-)

Menno

TheCroW April 22nd 07 01:26 PM

ASTRO: 4.5 day old moon (zoom on specific areas 1)

2 Attachment(s)
Photographs were actually good enough to zoom into some specific areas :-)
They are grainy but that's on purpose to get some more contrast and detail.

Menno

TheCroW April 22nd 07 01:26 PM

ASTRO: 4.5 day old moon (zoom on specific areas 3)

1 Attachment(s)

Rick Johnson[_2_] April 22nd 07 04:46 PM

TheCroW wrote:

[...]

That's an excellent shot. I never did as well with the 10" scope.

Rick

George Normandin[_1_] April 24th 07 01:26 AM

ASTRO: 4.5 day old moon (RAW mozaiek, 2000x1933)

"TheCroW" wrote
Yep, I continue with my moon mosaics.......

That's one beautiful picture Menno!!

George N