-   Research (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Micro-QSR environment (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=24842)

Sergio Mendoza November 29th 03 02:00 PM

Micro-QSR environment

Hi,

Does anyone know of measurements of the density and temperature of the
surrounding environment (gas) of microquasar jets at all? Any
references to read about?

Cheers,

Sergio.

Martin Hardcastle December 3rd 03 10:20 AM

Micro-QSR environment

In article ,
Sergio Mendoza wrote:
Does anyone know of measurements of the density and temperature of the
surrounding environment (gas) of microquasar jets at all? Any
references to read about?

As nobody has answered this, can I say that I'd love to know the
answer too? But I suspect there aren't many references. It's
interesting that environmental diagnostics are still one of the ways
in which normal quasar and radio galaxy research are ahead of
microquasars.

Martin
--
Martin Hardcastle Department of Physics, University of Bristol
A little learning is a dangerous thing; / Drink deep, or taste not the