-   Astronomy Misc (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   An enormous troll blunder. (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=192072)

Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_6_] January 1st 13 02:56 PM

An enormous troll blunder.

Einstein:
If we place x'=x-vt, it is clear that a point at rest in the system k must
have a system of values x', y, z, independent of time.
xi = (x-vt) / sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)
xi = x' * beta where beta = 1/sqrt(1-v^2/c^2)

http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einst...ures/img53.gif
http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einst...ures/img54.gif

He [Einstein] wrote the lowercase greek letter Xi instead of x', -- Sylvia
Else
Ref , Jan 1st, 2013

What a way to begin a new year - change Einstein's notation and then change
its meaning.
Poor sick sad Sylvia the psychopathic bigot.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When I get my O.B.E. I'll be an earlobe.

Curlytop January 1st 13 05:49 PM

An enormous troll blunder.

Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway set the following eddies spiralling
through the space-time continuum:

He [Einstein] wrote the lowercase greek letter Xi instead of x',
--
Sylvia Else
Ref , Jan 1st, 2013

She's got a point. Look at my sig, it would lose all its significance if the
xi were replaced by x'.
--
ΞΎ: ) Proud to be curly

Interchange the alphabetic letter groups to reply