-   Amateur Astronomy (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Vic Winter ... RIP (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=95149)

Anthony Ayiomamitis February 6th 07 02:34 PM

Vic Winter ... RIP

Folks,

Some sad news surrounding the well-known couple, Vic and Jen Winter,
whom many of us know one way or another. Here is an obituary of the
untimely passing of Vic from the S&T website:
http://skytonight.com/news/home/Vict...150_2007_.html ...

Unfortunate incidents such as this one should make us more appreciative
of each and every day we enjoy on this planet!

Anthony.

Shawn February 6th 07 09:12 PM

was he an atheist?

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
if so insert smiley face icon here

if not sorry in advance

Once we're dead, we're all atheists.

Shawn

[email protected] February 6th 07 09:36 PM

Vic Winter: RIP

I met Vic a few times. He was a genuinely nice guy and loved
astronomy. Very sad news.

Mortal February 10th 07 07:56 AM

was he an atheist?

Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:

if so good riddance insert smiley face emoticon here :^)

if not so sorry in advance

small persons
should
stand

in

showers longer

whew what a stench! Troll.

cantseeboo February 10th 07 01:58 PM

Vic Winter ... RIP

BPM.

Have you ever seen any of Vic's works?

Great guy wouldn't ya say?

cantseeboo

Starboard February 10th 07 07:37 PM

Vic Winter ... RIP

Have you ever seen any of Vic's works?
Great guy wouldn't ya say?

it is a yes or no question read the fawking subject header

Boy, you're a feisty one. But you really should pay just a little more
attention to what you're doing. I did read it, but changed it (and
responded) back to the original. It was you who answered off subject.

So I ask again (It's a simple yes or no question)

Have you ever seen any of Vic's work?
Great guy wouldn't you say?

P.S. May his soul find it's way to halls of our heavenly Father.
Vic Winter ... RIP

cantseeboo

cantseeboo February 11th 07 04:05 AM

Vic Winter ... RIP

oh so you are not an atheist good for you but that still leaves
the question whether victor was an atheist

Why the anger towards atheist? Not all atheist are bad people. Many
atheist are honest; have rather high morals values in general.

Is it strictly because they don't share our faith? That's not a very
good reason. After all, it is a faith right? I mean if there was solid
evidence to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that theism was true, then
there would be no need for a faith. Everyone would believe equally
having equally seen the facts. But since no such undisputed evidence
exist, theism will remain a *faith*.

It is only logical that some people will not share the faith, and for
that, they will answer to God. I hope he has a *work around* for the
true good atheist.

BTW, Have you seen any of Vic's work? He has contributed quite a bit
to bringing many of the wonders of the Divine creation for all to
admire. For all we know, it was part of God's plan (like the Pharaoh)
that he be used to serve in the capacity that he did.

I think God would appreciate that. Don't you?

cantseeboo

cantseeboo February 11th 07 06:25 AM

Vic Winter ... RIP

I'm just doing the work of the Lord you
barmy ****e arsed arsehole

Now you just wait one moment thumper. I am not barmy.

The nerve...... Barmy.... heh!

cantseeboo