-   Misc (http://www.spacebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far (http://www.spacebanter.com/showthread.php?t=226637)

[email protected] January 5th 20 09:44 PM

No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far

Not surprizing, even considering that intelligent apace faring species must abound throughout the universe, considering the vast interstellar distances. Even at near light speed, which is extreemly unlikely, travel times would be prohibitively long.

Perhaps this is very fortunate since a more advanced species might expoit manking as a resource, just like we do here.

Siri Cruise January 6th 20 02:21 AM

No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far

In article ,
wrote:

Not surprizing

Not really. I can confirm I've seen unidentified objects. I think
they've been birds too far away to see clearly.

--
:- Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Daniel[_12_] January 6th 20 10:23 AM

On 1/5/20 1:44 PM, wrote:
Not surprizing, even considering that intelligent apace faring species must abound throughout the universe, considering the vast interstellar distances. Even at near light speed, which is extreemly unlikely, travel times would be prohibitively long.

Perhaps this is very fortunate since a more advanced species might expoit manking as a resource, just like we do here.

I'm surprised people still discuss this subject with respect to linear
travel.

[email protected] January 6th 20 02:19 PM

No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far

Not really. I can confirm I've seen unidentified objects. I think
they've been birds too far away to see clearly.

Hardly confirmation

[email protected] January 6th 20 02:22 PM

No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far

=20I'm=20surprised=20people=20still=20discuss=20t his=20subject=20=

with=20respect=20to=20linear
=20travel.

Not=20sure=20what=20you're=20saying.=20Travel=20co nsidered=20must=
=20be=20linear=20point=20A=20to=20B=20etc.

Daniel[_12_] January 12th 20 09:52 AM

On 1/6/20 6:22 AM, wrote:

I'm surprised people still discuss this subject with respect to linear
travel.

Not sure what you're saying. Travel considered must be linear point A to B etc.

One method predicts travel by the creation of manmade wormholes. The
ship would travel through it to the destination without travelling
interstellar distances. It would be instantaneous, from the models I
read about.

Another method I've read about discusses folding space/time so that the
ship resides in two places at once. Disrupt the field, space unfolds,
and the ship rests at the destination. I've seen a scientist fold a
piece of paper and pierce both ends with a pen to describe the concept.

In either case it doesn't take vast distances to cross (linear) to
approach it. There may be a short linear distance involved (thru
wormhole), but it would be in the moments versus decades.

According to the material I read, energy density holds us back. Our
ability to store energy is nowhere near where it must be for us to
manipulate space/time or to create wormholes. It's nowhere near where we
can even do microscopic experiments on the concept. We have a ways to go.

Energy consumed to manipulate the space around the ship allows science
to work around relativity and exploiting other features of nature. Let
photons be photons.

--
Daniel

Visit me at:
gopher://gcpp.world

[email protected] January 12th 20 09:46 PM

No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far

Worm holes are only a theoretical concept, to which I don't subscribe, and which have never been demonstrated. No such breaches in the space-time continuum make any sense at all.

Daniel[_12_] January 13th 20 06:32 AM

On 1/12/20 1:46 PM, wrote:
Worm holes are only a theoretical concept, to which I don't subscribe, and which have never been demonstrated. No such breaches in the space-time continuum make any sense at all.

What do you mean by 'theoretical?'

--
Daniel

Visit me at:
gopher://gcpp.world

hanson January 13th 20 06:39 AM

No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far

which means in ancient
Roman lingo: "House of saggy ass cheeks", who wrote:

Edited for clarity Worm holes are only a theoretical
concept, which choke themselves off, via singularities,
into non-existence, due to local or quantum-gravitational
effects, to which I don't subscribe, which is irrelevant,
and which is a foregone conclusion that have never
been demonstrated.

No such breaches in the space-time continuum in
which nothing can move by definition, as it is as
theoretical as is the above worm hole schmier which
makes no sense at all given all those bitter crocodile
http://tinyurl.com/Tears-for-Einsteins-Misery

Hmmm-snicker-chuckle-chortle- ROTFLMAO

[email protected] January 13th 20 02:38 PM

No Confirmed UFOs Ever So Far

What do you mean by 'theoretical?'

As in, they've never been actually seen , observed, or otherwise demonstrated, in any way whatsoever.